Chapter 39

LUBANZI

Chapter 39

𝐀𝐅𝐄𝐙𝐈𝐖𝐄

"Hello babies." I kissed my babies cheeks one by one.

"They missed you." Banzi said leaning on the door.

"Well I missed them more."

"And I wasn't missed?"

"Oh damn,you were missed. I need to show you how grateful I am for the dinner last night."

"I love the sound of that." I placed the babies back in there cribs and went to my fiancé. We kissed and I held him as we headed to our bedroom.

I closed the door and we started kissing each other. He picked me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist. He placed me on the bed and we took off each other's clothes and one thing led to another.

"That was steamy." I was laying on Banzi's chest.

"We are making another baby." He said. Good I'm on a pill. I ain't having another baby.

"I already have two babies. I'm not having another one."

"They are practically twins. How does having a twin feels like?"

"It's like waking up and finding Amber staring at you and you feel startled thinking that you're looking at yourself." He laughed.

"You're laughing? Sometimes it's gets annoying because they are forever following after you or mimicking whatever you're doing. When you want everyone away from you,they don't feel included in everyone. We fight but once you come between us we fight you. It has its ups and downs but it's always a great feeling having a best friend from the womb. Nobody understand you like your twin."

We were silent for a bit.

"Babe, when was the last time you spoke to Hlelo?"

"I don't remember. She's been distant since she went to UCT."

"I think something happened to her." I stared at him.

"What do you mean?" He looked concerned.

"It's not my place to say but I'm begging you. Please call her and ask her to come home."

"Fez, what happened to Hlelo?"

How do I tell him this? If Hlelo find out she's going to flip and it will be hard to get through her.

"Just call her please. I'll tell you once she's here."

"Fine." He took out his phone and called Hlelo.

"Hi." It was on loudspeaker.

"Hlelo, how's Cape Town? Are you settling in?"

"I am. Where are my babies?"

"They are here. Can you come this weekend?" He asked her while staring at me.

"Why?"

"Just come home, Hlelo."

"I'll check my timetable. Bye." She hanged up.

"She sounds okay to me." Banzi said.

"I know. I met up with one of her friends and apparently something happened to them on 31st December."

"Like what?" Banzi asked but I didn't say anything.

"Afeziwe?" He snapped.

"I think Hlelo was sexually assaulted."

"What? Tell me you're joking." I shook my head.

"Who the hell touched my sister?" He was furious.

"Banzi,calm down." I tried to hold his hands so that he can at least calm down but he was angry.

"Who's the bastard?"

"I've opened a case against him. I just need Hlelo and the other girls to testify against him."

"That's not enough. I need to make an example with him."

"Lubanzi Dalindyebo you're not going to do anything illegal." I warned him.

"I need some air." He put on his clothes and left the room.

𝐇𝐥𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐥𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐤𝐨𝐬𝐢

"What?" Anathi asked.

"What did you say to my sister in law?"

"Afeziwe?"

"Yes Afeziwe,Anathi!"

"The truth. That man deserves to be punished,Hlelo. Maybe you can live with what happened to you but I can't. If he's not going to jail then I won't have any reason left to live." I rolled my eyes.

"Nathi,stop giving this man power over you. There's a way to end all of this."

"What's that?" She asked in a teary voice over the phone.

"We kíll him."

"What? No."

"Fúck yes. I'm not asking you Nathi, I'm telling you. I already bought a gun."

"Hlelo you're serious? You will go to jail."

"The same jail that failed to keep him locked in? It's time girls take charge of their own lives. He won't end his despicable acts with us. I'm doing all the other girls a favour."

"Uhm…" She sighed.

"Honestly if it works for you,Hlelo I'm supporting you."

"Thank you. I'm driving there tonight. I'll need a place to crash,so can I come at your home?"

"Yeah but why are you driving? Aren't you supposed to board a plane?"

"With a gun?"

"You sound like a gangster Hlelo. When did you start being someone like this?"

"Bye Nathi." I hanged up. I don't need her to interrogate me.

I called Cindy.

"Girlfriend!" She screamed on the phone.

"I'm not your girlfriend, bítch."

"Hlelo,did you just call me a bítch?"

"I did."

"Girl,pray that we never meet."

"Cindy,how do you live with yourself?"

"What do you mean?"

"You were sexually assaulted yet you act like nothing ever happened."

"I told you to stop talking about that day. Who would believe you? People will think that you're prostitute and a mission went wrong and now you're crying rape. Count me out in whatever you do." She hanged up.

I placed my phone on the bed and took the gun and held it.