Chapter 45

LUBANZI

Chapter 45(Season Finale)

*FEW YEARS LATER*

𝐀𝐅𝐄𝐙𝐈𝐖𝐄

"Why are you staring at me like that?" Banzi asked. We were both laying on the bed,lazy to wake up.

"I'm just wondering how come my love for you keeps growing. It's overwhelming and I just can't stop loving you. You makes it easy for me to keep falling in love with you. I've got so much love for you and I feel like I'm going to have end up being crazy."

"Fez, don't cry. Why are you crying? I love you more than you love me okay?" I nodded and he wiped my tears. I didn't realise that I'm crying.

"Mommy!" A little voice shouted from downstairs.

"Why is your daughter like this? She's a little devil." He laughed.

"Oh so when she's annoying she's my daughter?"

"I love her when she's well behaved and cute."

"You do know that Sere is like a mini version of you?" Banzi asked amusingly.

"I refuse. She's definitely like you plus she looks like you. Kids will disappoint you. You carry someone for nine months and they end up looking like their fathers."

"My genes are good." He smirked. The door busted open.

"Mommy, I've been calling you. It's my birthday and we have to go. Umakhulu(grandma) is throwing me a party." Sere complained the moment she walked in. She was still wearing her onesie.

"Baby we will never let you miss your own party." I tried to assure her. It's six in the morning and the party is at 11am not that it would start without ‘Miss Party’.

"You missed the parents meeting last week." My daughter is such a talker for someone her age.

"Blame your dad. I told him repeatedly that I'll be in court and he has to go but no. He saw it fit to miss your parents meeting." I pointed at Banzi.

"Me? In a parents meeting? With women who do nothing but gossip the whole day?"

"We don't gossip!" Sere and I said at the same time before we laughed.

"Happy birthday, pumpkin. Come give your mommy a hug." I opened my arms and Sere got on the bed and came to hug me.

"I love you, pumpkin." I kissed her head.

"And I love you mommy." We let go. She was grinning.

"Where's my hug?" Banzi asked her.

"And where's my present?" You see why I love my daughter? She's a mini version of me but I'll never admit that to Banzi.

"My hug first then your present." She hugged her daddy.

"I love you daddy. Now give me my present." She let go of him and held out her small hand in front of Banzi.

"Princess,can you ever love me without demanding anything?"

"Daddy I need to bath. Present now." Banzi stood up and came back with a huge pink box and gave it to Sere.

She carefully opened it and smiled at whatever was inside.

"A tablet? A pink one. I love it daddy." She kissed her new tablet and put it down. She took out some water colours.

"I can't wait to draw!" She yelled and lastly a camera. She's been wanting one since a long time. You'll wonder why she wants it when I'm always lending her my phone for pictures.

"Yay!" She screamed out of joy.

"And go give this to Ntsiko." Banzi gave her a blue tablet. We always buy them present at each other's birthday.

"Thank you, daddy. You're the best." She hugged him before leaving with all her presents.

"And you're off the hook? Just like that?" I laughed.

"Babe, it's not like I didn't buy her anything. I bought her a new dress and shoes. She already has everything."

"She can't never have everything. Your daughter is like you, you're always demanding."

"I love you too." I kissed him before I got out of bed and headed to the children's room.

We were now ready and we headed to the garage.

"Can I pick a car today Mom?" Sere asked. She was wearing a brown princess dress with a tiara and white pumps. The theme for her birthday is light brown and white.

"Yes birthday girl."

"I want the Rolls Rolls." She yelled while pointing at it. Yes,I finally persuaded Banzi to buy the Rolls Royce Cullinan even though it was expensive but with our salaries and the money from the club we are able to pay for it.

He hated it and I'm the one who drives it most of the time.

"Great. I'm driving." I picked up it's keys and got in at the driver's seat.

Banzi helped the kids get in. He was wearing a light brown suit with white shirt. His outfit was matching with Ntsiko's. We have a lot of matching outfits as a family.

My dress didn't match with Sere's by design but in colour it did.

After Banzi got in,I drove to the Dalindyebo's mansion. Haven't been there in a while.

We finally arrived and the moment Banzi opened the door for Sere she ran inside. I was holding Ntsiko's hand as I walked in. My baby boy wear glasses now as he has eye problems.

"Mommy can I go to the bathroom?" He asked and I nodded. We went to the bathroom first before we headed to the garden where everyone was.

"Hello family." I greeted everyone. Hugs were shared between us.

"Ntsikelelo,how are you?" Hlelo bend down to talk to Ntsiko. He's very shy but not with me. He's mommy's boy afterall.

"I'm okay."

"You look so handsome today. I love your bowtie." She touched it.

"Thank you."

"What a polite young man. Let's take a selfie." He looked at me first and I gave him a smile and nodded. He went to take selfies with Hlelo.

"Mommy look at what umakhulu and utamkhulu bought for me. It's a bicycle. I can't wait to drive it." She looked so happy sitting down on a her chair. In front of her there was a pink cake written ‘𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒚 5𝒕𝒉 𝒃𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒉𝒅𝒂𝒚 𝑺𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒕𝒚’. It's a wonder how the theme is brown because Sere's favourite colour is pink.

"Where's the birthday girl?" Liyema walked in holding a small box.

"Uncle!" Sere ran to him. He picked her up and hugged her.

"What's in there?" She pointed at the box.

"Let me open it for you." Liyema put her down and opened the box. He took out a necklace and it was so shining.

"Is that mine?" Sere asked in awe and Liyema nodded. He put it on her.

"It's so pretty. I'm never taking it off. Thank you uncle." She hugged Liyema.

"Oh princess,this is nothing. Uncle loves you. Where's your brother?" She pointed at Ntsiko. He picked her up and they went to where Hlelo and Ntsiko were.

It was time to cut the cake. We were singing as Hlelo was taking a video when she suddenly screamed and dropped her phone.

A/N: Hey readers. I realised that I've never showed gratitude so thank you for 9k reads. It means a lot and I'm learning everyday. Another thing who would like to create a new book cover for me?(if you’re interested just create it & send it to me.) I love you❤️❤️❤️.

By the way the novel ends on chapter 56.