Chapter 14

LUBANZI

Chapter 14

𝐋𝐔𝐁𝐀𝐍𝐙𝐈

"So you're going?" Liyema ask and I nod.

"What about the court case? It's next week."

"I know but I can't cancel. I have to go, Liyema." He nods.

Well there's a conference for lectures in London and I've been asked to go on behalf of the university. I just can't cancel because this is important for me. It's always an honour to be one of the chosen lectures in the chosen university. I'm leaving tomorrow and I've already bought a ticket. What's left for me is to pack a bag.

"Can we just go out then? Have few drinks before you leave."

"Let's go." We both stand up and I grab my car keys. We head to the garage and get inside my Mercedes Benz C Class.

I drive us to the club. We sit at the VIP section and Liyema takes out his phone and start texting someone.

"Who are you texting?"

"Amber." I didn't know he liked her that much.

"Hey lover boy." It's the girl with the blonde weave. She sit next to me holding a glass of champagne.

"Did you miss me?" She's smiling and if it was any other day I would have found her smile sexy but I don't.

"No."

"Ouch,well I did. Shall we go to your office?" She stand up and pulls my hand but I make no effort of standing up.

"Can you excuse yourself?"

"No." She sit down and place her hand on my thighs and start moving the hand until she reach my pants zipper but I hold her hand and gives her an intimidating stare.

"You're so boring." She pulls back her hand and stand up then leaves.

"That's a first." Liyema says amused.

"What?"

"You refusing Nthabi. I mean she's your fúck buddy and you've done unexplainable things together."

"I'm not in the mood."

"Hmm."

𝐊𝐀𝐘𝐀

Senzo asked to meet me outside of school. Since it's Friday and it's after school, I've decided to meet up with him at the mall so here I am picking an outfit. I'm not going to impress him so I just wear my hoodie and track pants and Jordan sneakers. I put on a cap and my wireless earphones then picks up my phone and leave my room.

Afe is not home yet and Amber is out but since it's in the afternoon she can come back any time. I take my spare keys from the cupboard and walk outside. I make sure to lock both the door and the gate.

I don't think Amber has her keys so she'll have to wait for Afeziwe to knock off so that she can unlock the gate unless I come back first.

The cab shows up in few minutes and I get in. Senzo send a WhatsApp voice note asking if I'm still coming but I don't reply. I just blue tick him.

Finally the cab drops me at the mall and I pay him before going to MacDonald since it's where Senzo said he was at.

Indeed he's sitting down and having a milkshake. I head to his table.

"Hi." I say before sitting down.

"Why did you blue tick me?" He's annoyed. Who cares?

"A girl never blue ticked you before?"

"All the girls I used to hang out with are girlfriend materials." I laugh.

"You were annoying me with your texts,I had to. I never back down from my word."

"Fine. I'm just glad you came. Being stood up sucks." He smiles showing off his dimples. I guess that's his charming smile but it won't work on me.

"You decided to hang out with me. Be ready to be stood up." I start eating his chips.

"I thought you said,you don't back down from your word."

"Are you using my own words against me?" I stare at him in disbelief.

"If the shoe fits Cinderella." I throw a chips at him and he laughs.

"So why are you always surrounded by a bunch of idiots?" I ask him. He scratches his head.

"Well it makes me look cool."

"But I'm cool and I'm not always surrounded by anybody."

"I'm not you. You're pretty and you have confidence. You never let anyone walk all over your head. You don't need friends to boost your confidence."

"You also don't need friends to be cool,you know. Confidence is all in the mind. If you tell yourself that you want to be confident then you'll be."

"Do you think I'm cool?" He ask shyly.

"I think you're an idiot." He chuckles.

"Jesus. The amount of insult coming out of your mouth should be illegal."

"I'm just being honest." My phone rings and I take it out of my pocket. It's Afeziwe.

"Hi."

"Kaya where are you? I came home and found the gate locked."

"I'm out with a friend."

"I didn't know you have friends. That's amazing Kaya. What's her name?"

"What is it to you?"

"Okay. You don't have to bite my head. Have fun then and don't come home late. Just because I understand doesn't mean I'm no longer ‘mother hen Afeziwe’."

"See you at home mother hen." I hang up.

"Your mother?" Senzo ask.

"My sister."

"I didn't know that DJ Amber is your sister until at the gala. She's a mean DJ by the way." I nod.

"Are you a bisexual?"

"Why are you asking that?" I'm frowning.

"Because I've never seen you with a boy before."

"Have you ever seen me with a girl then?"

"Actually no. Why are you a loner?"

"I'm not a loner. I just happen to enjoy my own company."

"But who enjoys their own company? It's like you're crazy talking alone."

"I don't talk alone. I read novels then watch videos on Tik Tok. Scroll on Facebook and Instagram. Study. Listen to music. Read about the current affairs in our country. Research about the human mind or play video games. It's not actually boring."

"You play video games? Do you know Xbox?"

"Duh who doesn't."

"I think I'm going to like you." He smiles and I roll my eyes.