Epilogue

LUBANZI

Epilogue

𝐀𝐅𝐄𝐙𝐈𝐖𝐄

What is Nthabiseng doing at my wedding? Banzi tried to approach her but I pulled him back.

"She's not worth it." I said to Banzi softly so that nobody can hear us.

Nthabiseng finally sat down and the pastor commenced our marriage with a prayer.

"We are gathered here to unite this two souls as one. The Dalindyebo boy found a flower inside the Jali kraal and he picked it up. Today he's making that flower a woman by making her his other rib. His soul and hers shall be one from today on. They shall be known as a man and wife. Do you have your own vows?"

I nodded and called out Ntsiko. He stood in front of us and Banzi took my ring. He held my hand and before he could slide the ring on my finger he stared into my eyes.

"Afeziwe,do you remember the first time we met?" I nodded. I remember the day like yesterday.

"You were a lawyer for my brother and he invited you to our home. I was annoyed with him for inviting you because I don't like people in my business. You were downstairs and I was upstairs when Liyema called me and said you were here. He was excited as if you agreed to be his girlfriend. He praised your beauty and I thought he was exaggerating until I set my eyes on you. Your look said you were curious. You wanted to see beyond my walls and I've never let anyone there. I became rude to you because you were a fire that I didn't want to burn me. I don't know when I started falling in love with you but I always wanted to be in your presence. You did things that always amused me everytime I thought of them. Your smile made me so weak. When you gave me a piece of you I knew there's no going back. As I've said I'm a man of few words but for you Afeziwe,I would become anything even a poet just to see the smile on your face but most importantly to make you mine. So Afeziwe Jali do you take me as your husband for better or for worse till death do us apart?"

I was literally crying. It's this stupid hormones. Ntsikelelo took out his handkerchief and gave it to me. I wiped my face.

"Thank you baby." I returned it to him before I stared back at the dream of a man in front of me.

"I'll take you as my husband for the better." I grinned and he chuckled before sliding the ring on my finger as the crowd cheered.

It was my turn. Ntsikelelo gave me the ring and I took Banzi's hand.

"After everything that you've said I don't know what to say. I never lacked love all my life but you Mr Dalindyebo you loved like I've never been loved before. I never thought anyone can ever remove Amber's position of being my number one fan but you and your adorable children did. If anyone ever ask me what love is,I would tell them that love is Lubanzi Dalindyebo. You're my safe haven. You're my protector and I can never stop loving you. When the world turns upside down your arms are always open for me. You loved me with all my fault and insecurities. I don't have to hide myself when I'm with you because you've showed love to every single part of me even my scars. I need you to be mine in every lifetime because I can never imagine life without you. I love you so much and it feels like my body would just explode because this love is too much and it keeps growing. Will you Lubanzi Dalindyebo take me Afeziwe Jali as your lawly wedded wife to cherish and to love till not even death do us apart?"

"I do." I slid the ring on his finger.

"I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride."

He pulled me to him and slammed his lips on mine. He deepened the kiss.

"We should keep it PG 13." Liyema said and we let go of each other. I hugged him. I can't believe I'm finally married to the love of my life.

"You're tainting my expensive suit with your snot." He whispered and I hit his chest playfully.

We were at the reception and speeches were given. It was just time for people to have fun and get drunk.

"Are you sure I'm not supposed to drink some wine?" I asked Banzi as I took a sip of my water. Instead of answering me he gave me a look.

Nthabiseng walked to us. I must say she has changed.

"Congratulations. I didn't think it will end in marriage."

"Well it did. You look amazing by the way." I raised my glass of water.

"Thank you Fez. You were such an angel and thank you for loving my son. I'm married now but I was in South Africa for some reason and then I felt like attending your wedding. It looks classy not that I expected less from you. Can I meet my son?"

"Your son? Don't be delusional. Ntsikelelo's only mother is Feziwe. You were just a surrogate for us." Banzi told her.

"Hubby,relax. Ntsikelelo!" I called out to Ntsiko and my son came running.

"You called for me mommy."

"I did. Meet aunty Nthabiseng. She's an old friend of ours." Ntsiko stared at her.

"Molo."

"Hey Ethan." She touched her face.

"You know my middle name?" Ntsiko was suprised.

"I'm the one who named you. You've grown a lot."

"Thank you."

"You may leave,champ." His dad said and he ran back to where Sere and Karabo were.

"You saw him now leave." Banzi told her.

"I'm leaving. Thank you for giving me a chance to meet him. I won't interfere in his life but he'll always be my baby. He also has a sibling and I hope they can get to meet one day." She left.

"She seemed genuinely nice." I commented and Banzi didn't say anything.

"Is that the tramp?" My mom came out of nowhere.

"Who are you taking about mom?"

"Is the woman who was here Ntsikelelo's mom?"

"Mom,Ntsiko is my son."

"If she had tried to ruin your day I would have given her her mother on a silver platter."

"Mom?" I laughed. Why is my mom this dramatic?

"You should learn a thing or two from me." She left.

"I can't believe she's my mom." Banzi stood up and offered me his hand.

"Shall we go to the honeymoon? I have a plenty of better things we could do there." He said and I grinned before I took his hand.

"Let's go have some fun, Assholé." I winked at him as we both headed to his Rolls Royce. What's a perfect moment to end your perfect day if not in your favourite car driven by your favourite driver?

***THE END***

Unfortunately our journey ends here. I'm so sad yet happy. This is my first complete story on Wattpad.

Please follow me on Instagram:@makgotsomilly for notifications on my next stories. I love you guys.