Chapter 43

LUBANZI

Chapter 43

𝐇𝐥𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐥𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐤𝐨𝐬𝐢

In front of me there was a pool of blood and Richard was inside. He was laughing and laughing and his laugh haunted me. I took out my gun and shot him repeatedly but every bullet from my gun took a piece of me. Finally I was feeling blank like there's nothing left in me. I knelt down and cried because I've never felt so empty. I cried and cried until someone shook me and I opened my eyes.

"Are you okay?" Fez asked and i nodded. So it was a dream? It felt real though. It's been months since I shot Richard Radebe to his death but I still get nightmares. At least it's not every night like they used to. Therapy helped.

"You were crying in your sleep." She sat on the bed.

"One of the so real nightmares but I'll be fine."

"Have you told your therapist about this nightmares?"

"I did,she says they would get better with time but I need to forgive myself first. How do I forgive myself and move on? I took someone's life."

"Don't be too hard on yourself." She hugged me.

"We are going on a picnic, would you like to come?"

"Picnic for two? I would be a third wheel, I'm fine." She laughed. Fez is pretty and I envy her. It's like she has everything figured out in life.

"We are going on a family picnic. Since Sere started walking,she doesn't want to sit down so we are taking them to the park."

"Have fun. I don't feel like going out." She stood up.

"In that case,your food is in the oven unless you want snacks. Shall I give you money for the pizza maybe?"

"Sis,I have a black card." I smiled.

"Yeah, daddy's girl. Bye." She waved and left the room.

I got out of the bed and went to take a bath. Well I officially stay here. I decided to take a gap year because the course I was studying required my undivided attention and I had a lot to deal with this year.

After taking a bath,I went to the kitchen. Everyone had left so I was alone. I started making something to eat when a notification popped on my phone. I took it and it's a message.

𝐃𝐢𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰 𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐬? 𝐂𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞.

I smile. He's silly.

𝐀 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐩𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐮𝐩 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫. I responded. A reply came immediately.

𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐞. 𝐋𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬,𝐝𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐨𝐥?

I send a reply, 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐡.

𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝 ‘𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐈 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐬.

I laughed. Syl is very silly. I decided to call him.

"Where did you get all this silly pick up lines? They aren't working on me."

"Really? But I bet you're smiling." His voice came from the other side of phone. Is it too early to say I love his voice?

"I'm actually frowning." I laughed.

"A frown doesn't look good on your gorgeous face. Can we meet? Just for five minutes,at least." I sighed.

Lubanzi will never allow our relationship. We are not dating but we also don't know what to call us. Syl is the same guy who sold me the gun and I must say in my broken state he had been a great help. His constant calls and silly texts put a smile on my face even on days that I didn't feel like going out.

I've met up with him thrice and the first time I was scared but he took me to a public place so that I can feel comfortable and safe. We were at McDonald and we just had a simple conversation and I ended up laughing.

He's like a ray of light at the end of the tunnel but our relationship is forbidden and I also don't know if I should give him my all. He's all sorts of the things my parents hate. They hate tattoos even though Lubanzi has it. Syl has a lot of tattoos though but he's a clean gangster.

"Princess,are you still there?" I was lost in thoughts.

"Yeah. We can meet up."

"Great. There's a race going on in the township later and I'm taking part so would you like to come with me?"

"A race? Isn't it dangerous?"

"Nah, don't worry your pretty self about it."

"If you say so."

"I gotta go. Take care pretty thing." He hanged up and I hugged my phone with a smile plastered on my face.

𝐀𝐅𝐄𝐙𝐈𝐖𝐄

"Sere,come back here!" My baby was walking around and I had no choice but to follow after her because her father was glued to his phone.

I picked her up and placed her bag on the blanket with Ntsiko. Baby Ntsiko was stuffing himself with food.

"Isn't it pretty weird that Sere can walk while Ntsiko can't?"

"I think it's normal from what I read."

"He's ten months, Banzi." I don't think he cares about this. Serenity is eight months but she can walk even though she just learnt recently. She also can pronounce mommy while I'm teaching Ntsiko everyday.

"Book him to a specialist." I snatched his phone.

"No you book him. What are you busy with here?" I looked into his phone and he was researching about cars.

"Do you want to buy another car?"

"Yeah, I'm still deciding though."

"Can I suggest a car for you? It's my favourite." I pouted.

"It's your favourite Fez not mine."

"But you haven't heard what I have suggested." I folded my arms.

"I'm never hearing the end of this. Go ahead."

"Rolls Royce." I grinned.

"What? I want a sports car."

"You have a family. We are a package. How do you think we are going to fit into a sports car?"

"That's why I bought you a car for family." He winked.

"Sere,talk to your dad." I said to my baby who was staring at us talk.

"Mommy." She pointed at me.

"She agrees with me."

"She barely said a thing." He said while smiling.

"She did. The problem is that you don't listen. My baby says a lot of things,you just need to listen to her closely."

"Bring my phone." He tried to snatch it but I refused to give it to him.

"Not before we take pictures. Say cheese." I tickled Ntsiko while Banzi tickled Sere. Sere was giggling but Ntsiko just looked at the camera as I captured the moment.