Chapter 52

LUBANZI

Chapter 52

𝐀𝐅𝐄𝐙𝐈𝐖𝐄

I stood up.

"Family,the lunch was wonderful but I need to leave."

"Afeziwe sit down." Mom said well more like ordered me.

"Mom,I really have to go. I love you though."

"Is it one of your ghosts? Are the people you múrdered came to bite you?"

"Mom! I just happen to miss my husband."

"You should have invited him as well." She said. I'm not going to argue with my mom. As much as I love her,we used to argue a lot before she was sick. They were not heated arguments just disagreements.

"Sere, Ntsiko you guys will behave right?" I stared at the kids.

"Yes mommy." Ntsiko agreed.

"When are you taking me along?" Sere asked.

"When I come back. I promise. Kaybee bye." I waved to my nephew.

"Yaya,bye. Kaya love you. Amber kiss Sima for me." I rushed out.

"Love you everyone! See you later!" I yelled. I asked Amber's driver to take me home since I left my car.

I called Banzi on the way.

"My heartbeat." I literally melted.

"Babe. What got you in such a good mood?"

"Your phone call did. I missed you and I realised that we haven't spent time together since long."

"True. The reason I called is because Lerato Radebe texted me."

"What? What did she say?"

"How does it feel to have blood on your hands." I quoted from her message.

"Where are you right now?"

"On my way home. Are you there?"

"Yeah. I'll see you soon, please be careful. I don't trust that chick."

"Love you." I hanged up.

The driver parked in front of my house and I thanked him before he took off.

The security guard at the gate opened for me. I greeted him and also thanked him before walking inside.

There was music playing and Banzi was at the garden dancing. I forgot what a great dancer my man is. I leaned on the slide door as I watched him.

He finally stopped and came to me. We hugged and he planted a kiss on my forehead before he went to switch off the music.

We sat down at table at the garden.

"So you're a guest at your own house?" He asked.

"It looks like that."

"Give me your phone. I need to see the message." I took out my phone and gave it to Banzi.

"You want to know what I'm thinking?" I smiled.

"What?" His eyes were glued to the phone.

"I think it's time we show this chick that we own guns." He placed the phone on the table.

"That sounds badass. Did you forget that you're a lawyer first?"

"So? Have you ever seen a clean lawyer? We save murderers from going to prison."

"And?"

"It means we could be murderers ourselves."

"Fez,I don't want you to be involved in this."

"But I'm already involved and I won't hesitate playing dirty to save my family. I covered up a crime five years ago and I really hate that Richard. He was a paedophile and a monster. Why can't he play dead?"

"Relax your tits,I may have some leverage against her. All I need now is to call a meeting with her."

"Firstly don't tell me to relax my tits. I'm going to be angry and secondly what's this leverage?" I took the bottle of water which Banzi was drinking from the table and had a sip.

"She's a gangster in a lawyer suit. Apparently she's involved in human trafficking." What?

"Banzi, that's scary."

"Do you see why I said you mustn't be involved? This is my battle." I sighed.

"Fine. I was thinking how about we have our wedding on March next year? I've always wanted to have an autumn wedding."

"I can't believe I'll be stuck with you my whole life." What?

"I hate you Lubanzi Dalindyebo." I stood up and was about to leave when he pulled me to his lap.

"I'm kidding. I would really be glad to be stuck with you for my whole life. Without you my heart can't beat." I found myself blushing while staring into his eyes. Men will be the end of us.

"I'm glad you noticed. I want a tattoo. Can we go get one?"

"Do you want to give your mom a heart attack?"

"I want to land her in hospital." He laughed.

"But I'm serious, Banzi. If you're not coming with me then I'll ask some—"

"Go change. I'll take you." I kissed him before I ran upstairs. I wore my white short and white tee with matching sandals and a white cap. I looked like a teen girl but very pretty.

"Damn, shouldn't we reconsider staying at home? I could think of few things we could do." Banzi said the moment I walked downstairs.

"Nope. But maybe later." I winked at him. He stood up and followed me to the garage. I got in the car and he followed after.

He drove to a place where he usually do his tattoos. The tattoo artist was a girl and she was so friendly.

"You look like DJ Amber. Are you her twin sister?" I nodded.

"I get that a lot. I guess I'm my sister's shadow." She laughed.

"You're both pretty. I hope I can meet her one day. Which design would you like or do you have a design of your own?" She gave me a book and I paged through it.

In case you're wondering,Banzi is inside his car on a call with Liyema. He said I should go ahead.

"I like this one." It was flame wings and underneath it there were the words ‘𝕾𝖍𝖊 𝖎𝖘 𝖆 𝖋𝖑𝖆𝖒𝖊 𝖎𝖓 𝖆𝖓 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑 𝖘𝖐𝖎𝖓’

"It's beautiful. Where would you like me to draw it?"

"On my right thigh." She brought her equipment and started with her work.

We were chatting and she had offered me a glass of champagne. Banzi walked in and snatched the glass from me.

"What the hell?"

"Baby, you're not supposed to be drinking alcohol."

"But why?" He didn't answer me.

"I love your tattoo." He changed the topic. I snatched the glass of champagne from him and drowned it all and flashed him a smile.

"And done. You guys are such a cute couple." The artist said. I stared at my tattoo. It hurt but not like how people make it up.

"It's beautiful. I love your work."

"We are glad you do. I hope you'll come again next time."

"Definitely!" I grinned.

"Fúck no. Let's go." He helped me stand up. We had already paid so we went to his car.

"Let's go have ice cream!" I said and my favourite person after Sere and Ntsiko just drove there without any word.