Chapter 33

LUBANZI

Chapter 33

𝐋𝐔𝐁𝐀𝐍𝐙𝐈

All her family members were here except for her mother and that little girl. They were all crying. My parents were also here and Hlelo took Ntsiko home to bath him and make his bottle.

"I'm sorry son." My mom hugged me. I couldn't cry but I just wanted to break down. I want to hug her for the last time.

The doctor came.

"Have you made your choice?" I nodded. He took the document and left.

"Who are you saving?" Kaya asked. I can't tell her because she won't like the answer. Instead I stood up and went to the parking lot. I drove back home and broke down in the baby's nursery.

"I'm sorry, Afeziwe. I'm so sorry. I hope you're not going to be angry with me. Life can be so unfair but this is too much. We made plans together. We were going to have our perfect family with Ntsiko and Baby D but now I have to choose. This have been the worst choice of my life. I don't know how am I going to continue with life from this point. The choice that I made is going to haunt me my entire life."

Why? Why did life have to be this unfair? I hate this life. Afeziwe and I have been facing challenges after challenges and we deserve some peace but I guess this how our life are intended to be.

𝐊𝐀𝐘𝐀

I don't know what Lubanzi choose but I don't know how am I going to live without my sister? I know that no one lives forever but nobody is ever ready to lose their loved ones no matter how long they were sick.

I can't just say I'll live just because I won't be the first person to lose their loved ones but Feziwe is my world. She's been a mother all my life even when our mother was still okay. I never tell her how much I appreciate her but I do. God, knows how much I love my sister.

I wish it was me who was dying then not her. If her child survives and she doesn't,how are we going to look the little girl in her eyes and tell her where her mother is?

"Be calm sis." JoJo was comforting me but how can I be calm?

"JoJo,how do we continue with life without Afeziwe? She's the clue that keeps this family together. You know that as well." I looked at my brother with teary eyes.

"I know, sunshine but there's nothing we can do. We need to be strong and take whatever comes our way."

"I refuse!" I yelled and ran to the ER door. I banged on the door.

"Sis Fez, please come back to us." JoJo pulled me away.

"Sunshine, Feziwe is not going anywhere. Please pull yourself together." My brother said and I just hugged him. I'm staining his shirt with tears but I don't care. I just need mother hen.

"I hope Afeziwe recovers. I wasn't being fair on her and I need another chance to apologize. But I swear I never chose Nthabiseng over her. I was just excited of having a grandchild." Mrs Dalindyebo said crying. She was leaning at her husband's shoulder.

"And Afeziwe was also giving you a grandchild. Maybe this is happening because of your behaviour towards her." Mr Dalindyebo told her. She just wept.

It's been hours since we were here but they haven't told us anything.

𝐍𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐁𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐍𝐆

"I haven't seen my baby in a long time." I was at the spa with my friends.

"You should bring him along next time. He's so cute. He definitely looks like his dad." Boity said.

"He's tiring,guys. I have to clean up his vomit every hour. Yoh!"

"Do you see why mine stays with my mom? But I still need maintenance money from his dad." Neo said.

It was only three of us today. The glam squad actually contains of seven girls well six now since Amber pulled out.

"How much does baby daddy give you as an allowance?" Boity asked.

"So far he gave me six thousands and he bought everything for Ethan. From pampers,milk, clothes and all the fancy strollers. My baby is a rich kid plus his grandparents adores him."

"You're so lucky." Neo said.

"I know right."

"That's until he fight for the child custody." Did Boity have to say that now? I gave her a dead stare.

"What? I'm being serious." She rolled her eyes.

"He should never try that because nobody is keeping me away from my baby. He should be thankful I was generous enough to lend him for a week."

"Plus his fiancee is a lawyer." Boity added.

"It's Amber's sister right?" Neo asked.

"Duh. Which world do you live in Neo?" Boity asked her.

"No need to bite me."

"Guys,shut up. Nobody is taking my child away from me. Lawyer or not. I'll seduce the judge." They laughed.

I took out my phone and dialled Lubanzi's number. It just rang without him answering. He's ignoring me?

Let me call his mother. I dialled his mother's phone and she answered.

"Hel—"

"Nthabi, I'll call you later." She hanged up. What the hell?

Let me call that monkey called Hlelo. She answered.

"Witch, what do you want?" She has the nerve.

"Who are you calling a witch?"

"You." This girl is disrespectful. I need to teach her manners. She's a spoilt brat.

"Pray that we never meet."

"Funny how you say that when you've camped inside my home. When are you leaving?"

"Leaving to where? I'm just taking a break now. Soon I'm coming back."

"You'll find your bags in a black plastic outside."

"I better find my baby in one of those plastics because if I'm leaving that house, I'm taking my baby as well. Where is he?"

"I don't know. You didn't give him to me. Piece of advice, there's no switch to being a mother. While you're there, he's bonding with other people. One day your child won't recognise you." She hanged up.

"Bítch." I said.

"What's wrong?" Boity asked.

"I need to go. That Afeziwe is bonding with my baby. She's going to steal him." I stood up and went to take off the towel and wore my clothes.

"You can pay and I'll send you the money." I took my clutch and went to my car.