Chapter 21

LUBANZI

Chapter 21

𝐀𝐅𝐄𝐙𝐈𝐖𝐄

"Breakfast in bed." I yelled as I walked inside Banzi's bedroom. He was sitting on the bed shirtless going through some papers. He turned to me.

"My t-shirt definitely looks good on you." I smile.

"I'm actually the one who's making it look good." I placed the tray on the nightstand.

"I'm scared of tasting your food."

"Too bad, you're going to eat them if you love me. Plus I need to go to work." I sit down on the bed.

"I also need to go to work. I have a lecture at ten." He says drinking the tea.

"Oh by the way, Liyema called. Apparently your father is getting better."

"I'm so relieved." He looks like a weight has been lifted off his shoulder.

"Me too. I still need to know my father in law. He seems like someone I could get along with unlike the jerk of a father I had."

"Tell me about your father." Banzi said. I sighed.

"I don't know where to start. Growing up,I used to spend a lot of time with him. Everyone said I was his favourite and I really loved that. Being daddy's favourite. He didn't get along with Jongikhaya though,they always argued and i didn't read much into it until one day I heard him talking with mom about the fact that JoJo wasn't his son. I was shocked. I didn't tell Amber. I kept trying to find similarities in both dad and JoJo but there were none. JoJo looked like our mom. That didn't make me love him less though even though I wanted to ask mom about his father but I knew that she was going to get angry. So one day my mom fell sick. I thought it would be something temporary but she started seeing things that weren't there. JoJo blamed dad for our mother's condition and kicked him out. It was a chaos that day. Amber was crying and Kaya was in her room. My dad left just like that."

I wiped a tear.

"I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault." I assured him.

"So he never contacted you?"

"Nope but Kaya once bumped into him. Apparently he tried to speak to her but my sister can be cold. She gave him a cold shoulder. He also bumped into Amber at the mall and my sensitive sister just cried and didn't say a thing. I want to bump into him as well so that I can give him a piece of my mind."

"You're a lawyer. Why don't you look for him?"

"Good question. I'm scared of feeling vulnerable in front of him. He hurt me so much and I loved him a lot. At least if I bump into him unexpectedly, I'll be able to insult him."

"He should be grateful that he never bumped into you."

"Please drive me home." I pouted. Of course I left my car back home.

"Let me put a shirt on." He wore a clean shirt and sneakers while I just wore his t-shirt that looked like a dress on me. I was barefooted and I took my phone and followed him to the garage.

He finally parked in front of my gate.

"I have to love and leave you boo." I kissed him. As I was about to open the car's door he called out.

"There's this friend I met in London and he would like for us to go on a double date."

"A friend? You?" I'm surprised.

"Don't make it weird."

"Double dates always end up in foursome. Are you ready to share me?" I smirked.

"Fúck no! His fiancee is in need of legal representative and she would like to meet you. I scored you a client."

"Thank you baby. I'll reward you well." I winked at him before I got out of the car.

I ran inside and bumped into Kaya at the door wearing her school uniform.

"Hey sis."

"So you remembered that you had a family? You've been gone since forever."

"A weekend is forever?"

"Technically you left on Friday so it's been four days. Anyway I'm getting late. Bye." She walked out.

I went to my room to freshen up and then I drove to work.

"This is my girlfriend, Afeziwe Jali." Lubanzi introduced me to his friend and fiancee.

"Nice to meet you miss Jali. I'm Pule and this is my fiancee Caroline." The guy with an accent said.

"Hey Fez. I can call you Fez right?" Caroline asked. Her white teeth were perfect but there was something about her I couldn't figure out.

"Yeah sure."

"Let's go to the bar and get to know each other."

I followed her to the bar. We were in a restaurant. She ordered two cocktails and we sat down.

"So…tell me about yourself." She said sipping her cocktail.

"There's nothing much to say. I'm a lawyer and I heard that you're in need of a legal representative. If you don't mind,why are you looking for a lawyer?" She sighed.

"My brother was múrdered and they made it look like a súicide but I know it's not."

"I'm sorry to hear that. Do you have someone you are suspecting?"

"His wife. She's a cunning lady."

"Do you have evidence?"

"I have chats of my brother complaining about his wife. Are they enough evidence?"

"It's a start. Come to my office tomorrow."

"I hope you can help me find justice for my brother." I just smiled at her. I can't help the feeling of something being off. I hope my instincts are wrong.