Chapter 47

LUBANZI

Chapter 47

𝐀𝐅𝐄𝐙𝐈𝐖𝐄

"Mom? You can speak? You remember me?" I sat on the bed with her still shocked.

"Ewe mntwana wam." (Yes,my child) I hugged her.

"Mom, it's been years and everyday I hoped that I would wake up and found out that you're finally okay. I lost hope,mom. But I'm so glad you're back to us. There's so much you've missed and I want to tell you a lot of things."

"Afe,uyandikhama. You've always been a talkative child even now?" (you're squeezing me) I chuckled and let go of her.

"Uxolo Mama. They say old habits die hard." (Sorry mom) I smiled. I really can't believe my mom snapped out of whatever she was in.

"You sound like your grandma." She laughed.

"Bendikhumbula Mama." (I missed you,mom) I shed a tear. I'm still shocked and I can't believe this. My mom is infront of me and okay at that?

"I'm sorry,my child. I've been in a dark space and I wanted to snap out of the trance I was in but it was like something was preventing me. It's really hard to explain it but I'm okay now. Where are your siblings?"

"Mom you've missed out on a lot of things. Your JoJo is finally married and he relocated to Gauteng with his wife and daughter."

"Really? I really missed out. What's his daughter's name?"

"Her name is Iyana and mom she acts like she owns the world." I laughed. She's doing grade 4 this year and her teacher already complained about her. I do love my niece though.

"I can't wait to meet her. Can you call them and ask them to visit?"

"Yes mom. They are coming next week anyway but now they would really come earlier."

"Where's your twin sister?" My mom looked very happy asking about her children and I was happy to tell her everything.

"This is actually her house. She's married and has one son,his name is Karabo. She's a famous DJ and has made it in life."

"Karabo? Is her husband Tswana?" I nodded.

"It's actually Baleseng. You know him from when he was a child mom."

"I don't remember him. What about you? Are you married?"

"Not yet mom. I've always wanted you to attend my wedding so I couldn't get married."

"My child, I'm here now. I'll attend your wedding if you buy me a pretty dress." She smiled. I had forgotten how pretty and contagious my mom's smile is like. She looks so much like Iyana.

"Definitely mom. You'll be more beautiful than me."

"I don't want to outshine the bride. Where's your little sister Kaya?"

"Kaya is staying in Gauteng with JoJo. She's still in school and is studying to become a psychologist."

"My children are shining. I'm a proud mom right now. Did you end up being a lawyer?"

"Yes mom. It was your dream for me and I love it so much."

"It suits you. You always used to argue a lot and i wanted you to put your talent to good use. You're even beautiful." I smiled. My phone rang and it was Amber. I put it on loudspeaker.

"Amber you won't—" She interrupted me.

"Afeziwe Jali get here now. The baby is coming!" She screamed on the phone.