Chapter 51

LUBANZI

Chapter 51

𝐀𝐅𝐄𝐙𝐈𝐖𝐄

Today is a big day. We are having a family reunion and I'm so happy. I've chosen a date for my wedding day and I can't wait to announce it.

I headed downstairs and Kaya was doing a Tik Tok challenge with the kids at the lounge. I went to the kitchen. Mom was cooking again.

"Morning Mom. Did you have a great night?" I sat down at the stool.

"I did. I'm also having a great day. It's like I was on vacation and now I'm back to my family whom I had missed so much."

"We also missed you. JoJo called and they are already on their way."

"I can't wait to meet them. I'm making dumpling and beef stew. Where's your fiance? Did he sleep here?" I shook my head and stood up to make coffee.

"He doesn't sleep in another man's house. He went to his parents home besides he feels like you don't like him." Banzi never said anything. I'm just fishing for information.

"I'm sorry he felt that way. He's very hulky and he has tattoos." I laughed.

"Mom…are you checking my fiance out?"

"Sies, Afeziwe." She hit me with the dish cloth and I laughed.

"Why would I look at a child that way? I'm just thinking that he doesn't attend church. Do you attend church?"

"Mom,I haven't set foot inside a church since you were sick."

"You need to fix that. Don't let your husband stop you from going to church."

"Mom…" i poured coffee into a mug and went to sit down.

"…we are a family of gangsters. We can't go to church."

"Do you kill people Afeziwe?" I smirked.

"If I have to." I sipped on my coffee.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Mom was very shocked.

"It means exactly that Mom. Relax before you get a heart attack." I went to the lounge.

"Mommy what are you drinking?" Sere asked. They were now sitting on the couch on their electronics.

"Coffee."

"Can I have a sip?"

"No, baby. You can't."

"But why?"

"Sere,stop asking thousands questions. I'm not in court."

"But I want to be a lawyer just like you." She grinned.

"That's nice. I didn't know." I smiled at my adorable daughter.

"Family!" Amber shouted from the door.

"Sshh, you're waking the baby." Baleseng reprimanded her.

"Sorry."

"Mommy!" Karabo and Sere stood up and ran to Amber. Baleseng took Sima upstairs.

"Sere? I'm your mom."

"But you don't have a new baby." What? I laughed.

"You're my baby."

"I'm older mommy." She frowned and folded her small arms.

Mom came out of the kitchen.

"Ambe." They hugged.

"It smells nice here. Did you cook?"

"Yes and i send your helper home for the holidays."

"Mom, you'll cook for us then. You love making rules at other people's houses." I told my mom.

"This is my house, it's practically yours as well mommy." Ambe kissed her cheek.

"I won't invite you to my house." I said.

"I wouldn't come to a home of murderers anyway." So much drama? I clapped my hands.

"Who murdered who?" Amber asked.

"Mom think that since Banzi has tattoos,him and I are murderers."

"Mom?" Amber was surprisingly amused.

"Leave me alone. My son is coming so I need to finish cooking." She went to the kitchen.

"I missed her." She said and I agreed with her. We all missed mom.

"Excuse me because I need to lie down. I'm so tired." She went upstairs and Karabo followed after her.

We were anxiously waiting for JoJo and family. They said that they are five minutes away.

Amber's phone rang and she answered it.

"Let them in." She told the caller and hanged up.

"They are here." She announced. We waited for their car to finally park.

Iyana was the first one to walk in. She immediately hugged me.

"Aunty Fez."

"My baby."

"I missed you." She moved from me to Amber.

"Let's take a selfie aunt." She took out her iPhone. The same one Amber bought for her on her tenth birthday.

"Yaya, you're always asking for selfies with me."

"That's because I have an aunt who's a celebrity. I'm practically famous for being your niece." They took a selfie and she hugged the kids one by one even Kaya.

"Iyana,you remember grandma right?" She nodded.

"Greet her."

"Hi Makhulu. Are you well now?"

"I am my child. Come give me a hug." She went to hug her grandmother.

JoJo and Lindi used that moment to walk in.

"Mom?" He was shocked to see her.

"JoJo?" He went to give mom a hug. JoJo introduced her to his wife.

We all headed to the dining room for lunch as a family.

"Iyana,tell me about Gauteng. How is it?" Mom asked. Everyone was settled now and we were enjoying the different African food she prepared.

"It's nice, Makhulu. I have a lot of friends and everyone wants to play with me. I'm the smartest in my class and teachers don't like me. Not that I care but if they ever fails me, I'll show them flames. I'm Iyana imvula nentsikelelo zayo." My mom clapped her hands and laughed.

"JoJo where did you find such a child?"

"I don't know Mom. Ask her mother."

"Me? Count me out. Ma,you can just see that Iyana is a Jali. You'll swear she's Afeziwe's daughter." Lindi said.

"But I'm so sweet guys. Why are the kids like me?" I'm not so bad guys.

"Sweet? Afeziwe used to chase boys with stones." Mom said and there was laughter around the table.

"I would too. Boys are annoying." Iyana added.

"They are. Stay away from them." Baleseng encouraged her.

"But I love boys." Sere said suddenly.

"Sere, you're not supposed to love boys at all." Iyana told her.

"So I'm not supposed to love Ntsiko and Karabo?"

"That's because they are your brothers." Iyana said.

"I have lots of boy friends at school. We play together and i love them."

"And that's okay,Sere." I assured her. I always tell my daughter to befriend everyone and be kind. I also used to play with boys until I became a teenager and they started hitting on me.

The conversations were flowing between everyone and Sere questioned everything. I received a text message.

𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐨𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐬?

I checked the contact but it was unknown. Who the hell send this?