Chapter 44

LUBANZI

Chapter 44

𝐀𝐅𝐄𝐙𝐈𝐖𝐄

Someone kissed me on my lips and I already know who it is before opening my eyes. When I open my eyes,I find him staring at me with a smile on his face while he's holding a tray. He placed the tray on the nightstand.

"What did I do to deserve breakfast in bed?"

"Do you know what today is?" I tried to recollect but I couldn't remember. I shook my head.

"It's Ntsiko's birthday."

"What? It's been a year already." I can't believe it.

"And soon our princess will also turn one." Banzi said.

"They are so adorable. We should consider sleeping with them sometimes." I know he won't agree.

"I want you all to myself. I can't have minions all over my bed." I laughed and sat upright.

"So since today is a special day…" I played with the hem of his shirt.

"No!"

"But you haven't heard what I want to say." I pouted.

"Whatever it is,no."

"Banzi,you can't say no on our son's special day."

"He's supposed to be the one demanding things not you."

"I'm his mother. I know what he wants."

"Fine, what does he want?" I grinned and hugged him.

"Firstly I love you. Thank you for being the best dad to our babies. Ntsiko would love to go shopping,then eat out at a restaurant of his choice then watch movies and tommorow it's the day for their first swimming lessons so show up."

"You got that." I kissed him before I let go of him.

"Can the kids spend time with their grandparents today so that it can be our day?"

"I can't believe you just stole my son's day but as his mother I'm saying,why not?"

"Great,now eat your breakfast. Hlelo is still decorating the cake for him."

"Yes sir."

After eating breakfast,I went to the garden. Hlelo had designed it so nicely. There were sky blue and white balloons. The cake was also blue and chocolate brown.

"It's lovely." I complimented.

"Really? Maybe I should start doing catering for babies."

"You should do. Where's the boy of the day?"

"Right behind you." Hlelo said and I turned. Lubanzi was holding his hands as he took small steps. He was smiling. Well nowadays he smiles a lot.

On the other hand Banzi was holding Serenity who ran to me the moment she saw me.

"Mommy!" I picked her up and kissed her. She was giggling. There's no better sound in this world than the giggles of your baby. Her smile warms my heart.

"And there's the birthday boy." I cheered for Ntsiko. Banzi placed him on his chair in front of the cake. If I put Sere down, she's going to ruin the cake. My daughter doesn't have peace.

We started singing happy birthday song to Ntsiko. He was clapping his small hands and Sere was doing the same while singing her own song.

Banzi helped him blow the candle and Hlelo cut the cake. She fed a small piece to both of the babies. I took them both to bath them.

We were done bathing and we were all wearing matching outfits. I was wearing a white bodycon dress with black sneakers. Sere was wearing a white dress with black sneakers as well while Ntsiko was wearing a black jumpsuit,white t-shirt and black sneakers. Banzi was wearing a white shirt,black pants and white sneakers.

"You're looking pretty family. Pose for the camera." Hlelo took us a lot of pictures.

We were about to leave when someone knocked at the door. Hlelo opened and it was Nthabiseng. After all this months of her not calling she decides to show up today?

"Hi. I can see that you're going out." She was humble nothing like the Nthabiseng I know.

"At least you have eyes. It's my son's first birthday and we are taking him out." Banzi told her coldy. He despises her and he doesn't hide it.

"Can I see him?" I was holding Ntsiko and I nodded. I gave the baby to Nthabiseng while Banzi went to close the door.

"He's so grown. He doesn't deserve a parent like me. Thank you for taking care of him Afeziwe."

"He's my son as well so anytime."

"I'm here to tell you that I'm moving to US."

"I hope you're not thinking of taking my son with you." Banzi snapped.

"No,I just wanted to see him for the last time and also wish him happy birthday. I brought him a gift." She opened her gift bag and took out a teddy bear. She gave it to Ntsiko.

"I'll miss you so much baby but don't miss me." She took a picture of the two of them.

"You can have his full custody." She gave him to me.

"And I'm sorry about everything I've done. You may not forgive me but I'll live knowing I apologized to you."

"Bye." She left.

"That was weird." Hlelo broke the silence.

"There's nothing weird there. I admire her honesty and courage to admit that she's wrong. Big bro,now you have a new best friend." I said to Ntsiko who was still evaluating his new toy.

"Are you sure you don't want to join us?" I asked Hlelo for the umpteenth time.

"I'm sure. I have places to be and people to meet."

"Nam ndiyafuna ukudibana nomfana." I wiggled my eyebrows. She smiled.(I also want to meet the boy.)

"Eyiphi inkwenkwe?" The blush said I was right.(Which boy?)

"You'll find me in the car." Banzi took Ntsiko and left.

"Umkile umninawa wakho khawundixelele yonke into."(Your brother left tell me everything.)

"Sis Fez ,ndizoxelela yonke into masubuya. Hamba ke." She pushed me to the door.(Sis Fez, I'll tell you about everything when you come back. Go now.)

"This is not over." I opened the door and Banzi was packed on the driveway. I got inside the car and he drove to the mall.

On the way,I was listening and singing Cocomelon songs and Banzi didn't like that. Well as my babies enjoy the songs then he'll be right. Sere was clapping her hands and murmuring while Ntsiko was just sucking on his pacifier.