Chapter 35

LUBANZI

Chapter 35

𝐍𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐁𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐍𝐆

When I arrived at the Dalindyebo's mansion I met Hlelo sitting down on the couch scrolling on her phone.

"Where's my baby? I went to Lubanzi's house but nobody is there."

"Hello to you too Nthabiseng." She rolled her eyes.

"Where the hell is your brother?" I yelled.

"I don't answer to you but for your information he's at the hospital. Afeziwe just gave birth." What?

"Did they take my baby to the hospital with them?"

"Ntsiko is upstairs sleeping in his room. Now get out of my sight." She clicked her tongue. She's so disrespectful but I'm on a mission. I don't have time to fight with her.

I headed upstairs and indeed my baby was sleeping. I packed his bag and picked him up. He stirred but didn't wake up. We went downstairs.

"Where are you taking him?" Hlelo stood up.

"I don't answer to you." I smirked.

"Nthabiseng bring the baby back. I don't trust you."

"Too bad I'm his mother. I'm the one breastfeeding him."

"Breastfeeding? You've been gone for a week. What do you think he was eating all this time?"

"Whatever. Stop blocking my path." I pushed her. She tried to take the baby but I made sure my hold on him is firm.

I got inside my car and locked the doors.

"Open here! Bring back the baby!" Hlelo was busy banging at my car's window.

"Baby? You don't have a car seat so I'll just hold you." I started the car and drove out. The gate opens automatically.

I drove to my mom's place. When I reached there I didn't know I just walked in. She was drinking tea while my baby sis was watching TV.

"Hello family."

"Nthabiseng? Why did you bring the child to this dusty place? He doesn't even have a bed here so I hope you're just visiting for today." My mom said.

"Is that Ntsiko? I can't believe I've never met him since he was born." That's Tshiamo,my baby sis.

"Mom hold him. His diaper needs to be changed." I gave the child to my mom.

"Why is he here? Where's his other grandma?"

"Mom, Afeziwe gave birth. You know how everyone is going to give attention to her baby. What about my baby? I need to give Lubanzi an ultimatum. He needs to choose between his heir and that lousy girl child of his."

"You're definitely my daughter." My mom smiled.

"So you kidnapped your own baby?" Tshiamo asked in shock.

"It's called borrowing him. I have equal rights as Lubanzi on him."

"Then why didn't you tell him you're taking the baby because he clearly doesn't know? You want police to come your way? I'm not involved." Tshiamo increased the TV volume.

"Stop being miss righteous, Tshia." My little sister is dramatic.

My mom stood up with the baby, picked up the bag and went to her room.

I took out the phone and dialled Lubanzi's number. This time he answered my call.

"What do you want?" Straight to the point,I guess.

"Is that a way to greet someone who has your baby?"

"What do you mean? Where did you take my baby?"

"That doesn't matter. I need you to choose between Ntsiko and your brat."

"Who are you calling a brat? If you know what's good for you, you'll return my baby or I'll fetch him myself from your mom's place. Your tactics won't work on me." He hanged up.

What the hell? My little sister who was busy listening to the conversation laughed.

"What are you laughing at?"

"I told you so. Take the baby back before police shows up here and arrest you for kidnapping your own baby. I don't know why women like you get pregnant because you clearly don't deserve to be a mother."

I took a pillow and threw it at her. She was still laughing. Urgh.

I took my car keys and drove to my apartment.

𝐋𝐔𝐁𝐀𝐍𝐙𝐈

Who does Nthabiseng think she is? Her tantrums would end up making me apply for a full custody of my child. Actually I'm going to apply for it.

"What are you thinking about?" Afeziwe asked. She was awake now.

"Will you help me apply for a full custody of Ntsiko?"

"What? Are you sure about that?" I nodded.

"I am."

"Well if you want me to help you, you'll have to at least wait for Nontsi to be three months."

"You do know that you're beautiful? Even after fighting death, you're still the most beautiful woman I've ever set my eyes on." She smiled.

"You're just saying."

"I'm being serious. I'm still wondering how you're mine because you're perfect."

"Perfect enough for you to give me my suprise?"

"You haven't forgotten?" I smiled and she nodded while grinning.

"It's waiting for you at home."

"I can't wait to see it. When am I getting out of here?"

"Tomorrow." She groaned.

"I miss my house. By the way,the doctor invited us to a dinner at his place."

"Oh why would he do that?" I'm confused.

"He says my case was a miracle and his fiancee would like to meet me."

"That's suspicious. What's his name?"

"I don't know,I just know his surname, Anokosha."

I googled doctor Anokosha and I found him. It's the same doctor who's treating Afeziwe. His name is Lindelani Anokosha. He's twenty six years old and he's from a royal family.

"He's of royalty." I tell Fez.

"Really?"

"Yeah it says here that his family have supernatural powers."

"That's sound like something out of a novel. But he did say his family is a family full of miracles. Now I can't wait."

"Yeah we will see." I placed my phone back in my pocket.