Spiral

(Y/n)'s POV:-

A normal day. In my actual world.

I feel really happy being back, but;

Something feels off. It feels empty.

Well, as long as i'm back...?

"I'll be back soon, mom!" I said, while closing the door as I got out of my house.

I'll get some fresh air, I guess.

Wait, maybe I should check out the Demon Slayer manga...(?)

Yes, probably, nothing would have happened. But here I am, having no idea about the stuff happening whatsoever.

I again rushed inside my house, after I said I was going out.

I got to the shelf in my room, which obviously had the Demon Slayer manga.

"Here goes nothing!" I thought as I opened up Volume 13.

"....Huh?"

Where's the... book?

"Uh, I'll just-"

"(Y/n)! Thank goodness you opened the door. I've been knocking on it since the sun arose...."

....?

"Tanjiro?"

"Yes?"

"What... what-"

"(Y/n)! Didn't you just say you're going out? What happened? Cancelled the plan?"

"...Mom?"

Blank.

"If you choose to stay in the other world, you have to save every single life that will be lost, there. If you fail to do so, everything including your Real World will be erased. If you wish to stay in your Real World, you-"

"You have chosen the first option."

"But i didn't choose anything-"

"You have chosen the first option."

Swish.

"Ah, also; We have a mission today. Don't you remember about that, (Y/n)?"

"...(Y/n)?"

"...Huh?"

"Ah, I suppose you're still in a sleeping trance! Sorry, I was just really impatient!"

"...Uh.. Yeah!"

"Then, I'll be waiting for you! You can take your time."

....?

What was that?

I feel like something happened, but— but i can't remember what.

Maybe, I'm just imagining things.

Anyways.

I got into my uniform and had breakfast, as usual.

"Shall we go now?"—Tanjiro asked.

"Yeah!"

"Also, wait. I forgot to ask about the details. What is the demon doing there?"

"Well, the kasugai crow informed me that it's kidnapping old people. As you know, it means—it has devoured them."

"The villagers seem to think it's some kind of a ghost, and started doing rituals."

"Damn;"

"Let's just go there and see, shall we?"

________________________________
                         -×-