Chapter 33

*CONTENT WARNING* This chapter will contain detailed descriptions of sexual activity. If you would rather not read that, then please skip from the first bolded line to the second – this will cut out the sauciest parts of the chapter while keeping the plot intact.

That night, as I lay in bed, a sudden chime from my phone pulled me back to consciousness.

Reaching over to my nightstand, I opened my eyes to see the bright, white glow of my screen.

Malcolm's name jumped out at me.

Unlocking it, I opened the message to read: "Would you be up for a movie tomorrow night?"

I blinked, double checking that I'd read it right, "Depends, what kind of movie?"

"Horror. It's indie, and everyone who's seen it is saying it's terrifying."

With a grin, I typed "I'm in."

"Pick you up at six?"

"I'll see you then!"

Six arrived, and on the dot, the telltale rumble Malcolm's truck filled my ears as I stepped out onto the porch.

Locking the door behind me, I shouldered my purse and felt an undeniable rush of happiness as I sighted him through the passenger side window.

The planes of his face bore the slight shadow of his beard stubble, and his white teeth shone in the sunlight as he grinned at me, "Hey there - ready to lose sleep tonight?"

My breath caught at the double meaning of his words, and the place between my legs throbbed in response.

That is a dangerous question...

Images of us tangled in the sheets, wrapped around each other until the break of dawn, flashed through my mind.

Goddess, what's gotten into me?

Tucking some hair behind my ear, I tried to cover my licentious thoughts with a smile, "Malcolm, I am a horror aficionado. It has to be incredibly scary to bother me."

His eyes flashed in a challenge, "Is that so?"

"Oh yeah," I smirked, leaning against the door, "'The Conjuring' was my first true horror movie, and I've been hooked ever since."

Malcolm smiled, slow and sultry, "Interesting..."

Opening the door, I climbed inside, reaching behind me to pull out the seatbelt. As it clicked into place, I asked, "Ready?"

"Almost."

Curious, I turned to face him, and felt his hand cupping my chin, drawing me forward into a quick, fierce kiss.

Surprise gave way to need as his taste hit my bloodstream like a drug, and I leaned closer, fighting the restriction of the seatbelt.

Instead, his lips left mine, and he uttered a satisfied, "There. Now we're ready."

I watched him through hooded eyes, wondering what he would do if we skipped the movie and I dragged him inside...

Then I stopped.

I know exactly what he'd do.

Flushed and flustered, I couldn't hide the raw desire on my face.

His smug smirk told me that he knew good and damn well what he was doing to me.

Shifting out of park, he pulled away from the curb, asking, "So, how was your day?"