Chapter 34

*CONTENT WARNING* This chapter will contain detailed descriptions of sexual activity. If you would rather not read that, then please skip from the first bolded line to the second – this will cut out the sauciest parts of the chapter while keeping the plot intact.

The instant the truck shifted into "Park" in front of my house, I had my seatbelt off, sliding across the bench seat to straddle Malcolm's lap.

His hands cupped my ass, pulling me tight against him and the rigid proof of his need.

In that moment, it was everything I wanted.

Skipping the preliminaries, I tangled my fingers in his hair, devouring his lips in a ravening, desperate kiss.

Groans sounded from his throat, thrilling me as his heart pounded against my chest.

Pulling back, I looked at him, taking in the feral darkness of his eyes, the rapid rasp of his breathing, the heady taste of his desire.

A tiny voice in the back of my mind whispered, This is a bad idea-

Shoving my inner doubts away, I traced my thumbnail along the curve of his bottom lip.

"Malcolm..."

His eyes met mine, and I knew I had his full attention.

Brushing the tip of my nose against his, I inhaled slowly, letting the scent of his cologne calm my frazzled nerves.

Looking up, I drank in the sight of him, whispering, "I want you."

It was a truth I couldn't have imagined mere weeks ago, but here, now, I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that I wanted Malcolm in my bed tonight.

His eyes filled with turmoil. "I- I can't."

Wh-

Surprise flooded in as my spine stiffened, "What do you-"

Malcolm pulled me against him, touching his lips to my ear, "I leave for the Meeting on Sunday-"

"So?"

His voice was a hoarse confession in darkness, "I don't think I'll be able to spend a week away from you once I know what it's like to be inside you."

Oh.

My indignation softened, and I murmured, "Okay."

"I'm sorry-"

"No, it's fine - I get it. We can put that on hold until you get back."

Leaning back, he eyed me curiously, "That sounded pretty definite."

I chuckled, admitting, "At this point, there's no denying that we both want this."

Burying his face in the curve of my neck, he groaned, "You have no idea how it feels to hear you say that."

Pressing my cheek against his hair, I savored the sensations of Malcolm beneath me, the pressure of arms wrapped around me, the heat of his breath on my skin.

I didn't want to let him go.

Before I could second guess myself, I asked, "What about spending the night?"

"Sophie-"

"Please? I promise to keep my hands to myself."

Malcolm sighed, "I can't say 'no' to you."

Caressing my thumb over his stubbled cheek, I grinned, "I'll try to not use this power for evil."