Babysitting Fiasco!

Today at school, Toby and the gang were discussing the fun time they had at Six Flags two days ago. But today something has come up! Maya got a call from her neighbors and they wanted her to babysit their kids for them. What challenge will it bring for her?

Toby's POV

Me and the gang were sitting at lunch talking about Maya babysitting for the evening.

"I don't know Maya, babysitting sounds hard." I said.

"Oh c'mon it won't be that bad. Would you help me Lita?" She asked Lita.

"Of course I'll help, it sounds like fun. How hard could it be?" Lita threw her long curly hair over her shoulder.

"Gosh babysitting?" Josh scratched his head. "I don't know about that."

"C'mon babe, it'll be fun." Maya grabbed his hand.

I didn't know what to say, babysitting sounded kind of hard. I've never done it before so this is new to me.

"Toby, what do you say?" Lita smiled.

"Okay." I sighed "I'll do it. I said.

"Well if Toby's in, then I'm in too." Josh said.

"Alright!" Maya giggled. "Thanks guys."

"This is gonna be great!" Lita said. I think we'll make great babysitters.

"Right, okay so meet me at my house at four and we'll all head next door together." Maya clapped her hands.

"Okay great, this shouldn't be bad." I said.

After lunch we got ready to go to our next classes. Hopefully this babysitting business will be a piece of cake.

***

After school I was at home getting ready to go to Maya's house. Tori agreed to drop me off there after I explained to her about the babysitting task.

"You're gonna babysit? "That's awesome." Tori said.

"Yeah but I hope this isn't as difficult as it seems." I said. "I've never babysat before."

"Maybe it won't be so bad." She put her hand on my shoulder. "So are they babies?"

"Well Maya said it's three kids. One boy, two girls." I explained.

"Are they babies or toddlers?" She asked.

"Let's see, one is six, then three, then a seven month old." I said.

"Well that's not bad." Tori beamed.

"Hopefully not. By the way when are Mom and Dad coming back?" I asked.

"Oh yeah I forgot to tell you that they'll be coming home tonight! Everyone is." She said.

"Finally! It seemed like forever!" I laughed.

This is exciting! My parents and all of my friends parents are finally coming home from vacation! I hope that we'll already be done with babysitting before they get back. I also can't wait to tell them about the one thousand dollars I won in the ski race.

***

It's four in the evening and me, Lita, Maya and Josh are at Maya's house getting ready to go next door to babysit. This is one challenge that I was not expecting to happen. Let's just hope everything goes well.

"Okay are you guys ready to go?" Maya asked.

"Yup I'm ready." Lita said.

"Sure." Josh said.