The Talent Show

Friday March 14th, 2014

Toby's POV

Today is going to be a fun day, because Hollywood Arts is having a talent show! I'm kind of excited and that's because I'm not sure if I have a talent except cooking. Lita has a talent which is dancing. She a really great dancer. Josh's talent is telling jokes, and Maya knows how to draw really well. Also today officially marks six months since Lita and I have been together. When I arrived at school and walked into the building, I saw Lita at her locker with Maya and Josh. I walked up to her and hugged her from behind.

"Happy six months." I kissed her cheek.

"Aww Toby, happy six months to you too." She grinned.

"I got you these last night." I handed her a bouquet of flowers.

"Oh my gosh Toby, they're beautiful!" She smelled them.

"Are you guys excited for the talent show tonight?!" Maya lit up.

"Yup, I hope I can think of something that I can do." I chuckled.

"What do you mean?" Lita asked. "You're very talented Toby."

"The only thing I can do is cook." I shrugged.

"I'm sure there's some hidden talent in that body of yours." Maya said.

"You probably have a talent that you don't even know about." Josh said.

"Maybe." I smiled.

The bell rung and we were off to class. We were in our seats when someone came up to me.

"Yo Toby, you're a hero dude!" A boy named Todd gave me a thumbs up.

"Thanks Todd." I said.

"You're a savior!" A girl named Sally said."

"Thanks Sally." I grinned.

"You too Josh." A boy named Matt said.

"Thanks." Josh smiled.

Lita and Maya exchanged looks and then they started grinning. "That's it Toby! They both said.

"What's it?" I frowned.

"Your talent silly! Your talent is helping others in need!" Lita exclaimed.

"Yeah! Everyone looks at you as a hero!" Maya clasped her hands.

"I'm guessing it's because of what happened yesterday and the day before." I shrugged.

"Yeah when you saved Lane from those stupid pranksters." Lita said.

"But I didn't do it myself, Josh helped me." I said.

"I was only backing you up." Josh chuckled.

The teacher came in and we started doing our assignment for today. Is helping people really my talent?

***

At lunch more people came up to me and told me that I was a hero. Man, I didn't expect for this to go this far as we were eating and going over what we were going wear at the show. I wasn't going to wear anything fancy, just basic.

"I'm going to make sure to wear something that screams art!" Maya said.

"I'm going to be doing a hip hop dance, so I'll wear something like a t-shirt, jogging pants, and Nikes." Lita explained.

"I can't wait to see you dance Lita." I held her hand.

"Aww, I can't wait to see what you're going to do." She said.