The Escape

Toby's POV

The next day at lunch me, Lita, Maya and Josh sat together and talked about the school fun fair that was coming up this Saturday.

"Are you guys excited for the school fun fair Saturday?" Lita asked us.

"You bet!" Josh took a bite out of his burrito.

"It's gonna be so much fun, I'm gonna be in charge of face painting!" Maya clapped her hands together.

"That's awesome." I said taking a sip of my soda.

"Listen, I'm gonna be in charge of the spilled milk game booth, do you wanna help me Toby?" Lita asked me.

"Uh sure, I'll do it." We high five each other.

A few seconds later Lane walked up to us. "Hey kids, how's lunch?"

"Great!" We all said.

"Good, listen I need the four of you to do me a favor, I want you to go around and sell t-shirts at the fun fair Saturday. Can you guys do that for me?" He asked.

"Sure." We all said.

"Great, well hurry up with lunch because your last class starts in fifteen minutes." Lane walked off.

"Ooh this is exciting!" Maya beamed.

"Totally!" Lita smiled as she looked at her phone, then her smile turned into a frown.

"Lita what's up?" I asked her.

"Uh, nothing. We should get to class." She stated.

Yeah, we should." Maya and Josh exchanged looks at each other.

"Lita?" I grabbed her hand and she stared at me as I started to feel tingly inside of my body.

"W-what?" She stuttered.

"Is something bothering you again?" I asked her.

"No I'm fine, really!" She wrapped her finger around a piece of her hair and bit her bottom lip.

"Lita we're your friends, you can tell us anything, you do know that right?" Maya looked at Lita.

"Look it's nothing okay? Let's just go to class. She walked away and we followed behind her.

***

Later that evening we all went to a ice cream shop to do our homework, we all made our own ice cream, I had chocolate with oreo bits, Lita had strawberry with sprinkles, Maya had vanilla with hot fudge and Josh had cookies n' cream with caramel.

"I gotta use the bathroom, I'll be right back." Lita got up and went to the bathroom.

"Guys I'm really worried about her." I said.

"So are we but she just won't tell us what's bugging her." Maya ate some of her ice cream.

"Yeah, we've been her friends for a long time and she used to always tell us what's bothering her." Josh stated.

"So what do you really think of Lita Toby?" Maya asked.

"Well she's nice, she's friendly, she seemed shy when we first met." I shrugged.

"Yeah she was really shy when we first met, but is their anything else about her?" Maya asked as she smirked at me.

I felt my stomach do a huge flop. I mean sure I know Lita is a sweet girl but do I really like her like that? I don't know.

"Um, she's pretty." I managed to get out.

"Toby? Do you have a crush on Lita?" Maya teased me witch caused me to scratch the back of my neck.