2. Suspicious

Abu Dhabi 2021
Kayla is watching the last race of the season as a youth driver from McLaren. She's very excited knowing that she will be the reserve driver for the McLaren F1 Team in the 2023 season.
She wants to show the world how insanely good she can drive, how she is able to compete with boys, since doing it for almost her whole life and also hopes to be one of the few women to ever compete in f1, with many others following.

Kayla likes all the drivers. Hate doesn't exist for her. It's cruel to hate, that's why she just dislikes.
But when having to decide who should win the championship, she doesn't know who to support.
Max...Lewis...she's unsure, she met both, she likes both, and she'd be pleased to see Max win his first and Lewis win his eight championship, breaking records. She'd be happy with both outcomes... she thought.

After seeing Latifi's crash, she was nervous about the following Safety-Car and how tight these last laps will be, even though she had no favourites.
What happened after may have changed her mind about who she supports more.
After Max pitted, there were some lapped cars between the two of them. It would have been nearly impossible for Max to win since he would've have to overtake them and Lewis in just 3 laps.
After the FIA first said the lapped cars weren't allowed to overtake the SC, they must've changed their mind. They allowed it...suddenly. Kayla was shocked while watching these scenes. How unfair...Something like that has never happened before...at this point, it's all just for the entertainment. The FIA doesn't care about the sport or fairness, but about the story and the popularity that a new world champion would bring to the future of this sport.

Before the race, she said to herself to not be sad about the outcome...but now...now she is...angry.
Angry and sad, knowing that this race was manipulated.

Max deserved the championship, but Lewis deserved this win.

April 2023
After the Azerbaijan Grand Prix and four consecutive wins for Red Bull, they were first in the Constructors Championship. Max and Checo both had two wins and one fastest lap.
And then...then there was McLaren...14 points, thanks to the drama in Australia.
And Kayla... she has not been driving yet. She's been watching, observing, and thinking a lot.

Thinking a lot about the FIA or maFIA, how she liked to call them when talking about them.
She had some chats with many of her friends, working as staff or mechanics at McLaren and also Lando and Oscar. They all were thinking about it for a moment, while she was talking about it. But in the end, they said things like: "Kayla, you think too much, it's not as serious as you believe."

What did she think? She thought about RedBull and the FIA. Normally, the FIA is there to end conflicts, make sure all the rules are obeyed and mainly to maintain fairness in the sport.
But in her head, in her theories, they aren't. She's been spying during the races. Walking through the paddock, sometimes even wearing a RedBull shirt and cap. Her destination always was the RB motorhome, where she could walk in, with no one questioning it. She did that often. Sometimes, she was overhearing people talking about money and the FIA helping them.

It's not just suspecting anymore,after hearing a conversation between an FIA-person, she didn't know and an RB Mechanic:
FIA" Your boss hasn't paid yet."
RB" I'll tell him to, calm down."
FIA" You better do. Otherwise, we will not be cooperating anymore. Tell him that "
RB" mmh "
FIA" Trust me, we can end your legacy if we need or want to."

She knows... she knows it for sure, but she has no proof, no proof-no believers, no believers-no change, no change-not acceptable for her.

Since not attending in Silverstone and the Imola-Race not happening, her target-race to find the needed proof was Monaco, which was perfect for not attracting attention because of the tight space with many people in it.

That is it...her plan...her plan to finally find proof to take down the partnership between RB and the FIA.