21. It was perfect

Still Lando POV
Oscar and I have to get into our suits and warm up, we leave the girls chatting in the garage. They are planning on drinking another coffee in the motorhome and maybe join to watch us later. Women.
We head to our rooms for a quick change and then to our trainers, we often warm up together today, too. Even though I trust Lily and she promised to stay with Kayla, I'm still afraid for her. Oscar and I are walking down the stairs when he notices how deep I am in my thoughts.
"She's gonna be fine, mate." I blink myself out of my thoughts.
"I don't know, Oscar. I don't have a good feeling about this dude still being around."
"Me neither, but there's people everywhere around her. No one wants to attract this much attention." He is right, but ughh. I don't know how to describe the negative feelings I have.
Oscar seems to notice it and pats on my shoulder, "Don't worry, Lando, it just makes her nervous too,"
"Yeah, you're right, but -"
"You're late," our trainers say at the same time.
"Sorry."
"Sorry."
We exchange a last look. I've noticed over time that Oscar never loses the calm exterior he always has. How? He's gotta teach me. Yuki too.
"Let's get started, guys." He says. Where the hell does he take his motivation from. I need to know his secrets.
"Alright," I sigh.

The topic from earlier is not mentioned a single time during the warm-up. They don't need to know either.

Kayla POV
"Did you drink up?" Lilys words pull me out of my thoughts. God, I hate thinking. It's exhausting. All of my thoughts and the words and sentences have crossovers. Especially now. But I don't want to show anything of what happened earlier. I don't need the weird questions to be asked. And I don't want Lily to worry. She's so sweet and nice. She doesn't deserve my troubles.
"Yeah, I did. You?"
"I'm done, wanna watch the boys get humbled?"
"How is that even a question?" I laugh at the thought of it. I notice how she makes me smile. I love her for that.
(Lily 🫶)

I glance at my phone and see some messages from my parents and brothers.

Mommaaa🤍🤍

Kayla??

Have you seen the post?

Answer, please.

Kayla

Papiii🤍🦦

Kayla, me and your mom are confused
about the news.

Tell us about it

Please

Son of my mother no1👹

Gurl?

How dare you not tell us?

Holaaa???

Son of my mother no2🦕

Answer us dwarf

I look at my phone, confused. Lily is starting to notice. "What's wrong?" "Uhmmm, look." I say as I flip my phone to show her the unread messages from my family.
"What posts?" She is as confused as I am. "I don't know." I open Instagram and see many reposts of a page called. F1WAGS. Shit.

F1WAGS

⚪️⚫️

⚫️⚪️

⚫️⚪️

MCLAREN DRIVER LANDO NORRIS AND RESERVE DRIVER KAYLA (LASTNAME) WERE SEEN PARTYING AND EATING IN A RESTAURANT

User1
Oh my

User2
I guess we can't call him Norizz anymore😔

User3
She's ugly🤮

User4
She doesn't deserve him🙄

User5
He's everything, and she's just a slut🤢

User6
Guys leave them alone, they're humans too😑

User7
I knew it🥳🥳

User8
They're so cute ahhhhhh🥹

User9
Cute🤭😲

User10
That's what you get for having girls in this sport

Fuck.I look up at the shocked eyes of Lily. Cross my arms on the table and put my head in it. Why. No. It was perfect. Why do they have to destroy everything.

AN

Sorry guys, but school is draining me(im just as drained as carlos in Las vegas), but it's starting to be done.
Also, the word user looks wrong after I have written it this often, nvm