23. Hello mate

As the boys start to do pre race discussions with engineers and others, Lily and I find our place above the McLaren garage on the balcony to reserve us good places.

LANDO POV
I can't stop thinking about this dude. Kayla just acted like nothing happened shortly after, I mean, I respect her being able to just shake it off, but when I found her, it seemed everything else than ok. How does she do this? Not showing her feelings, well in some situations she doesn't really control it too, but why now. How can she act like that guy not just touched and threatened her. Almost as if she didn't care. If it were for me, I would've punched him in his face. I'm just like, how?

"Lando, 5 mins, get ready." Are the words that pull me out of my thoughts. Ou shit, national anthem. I look over to Oscars garage to see the australian waiting for me. I walk over to him. "Look who's made it." he says jokingly. "Shut up." I punch his arm. As we line up for the monegasque anthem, Charles in front of all of us, I search for Kayla on the balconies on top of the Mclaren garages. A sigh of relief exits my mouth as I see her waving at me. "See, she is safe there and looks quite happy." Oscar whispers as they start playing the anthem. I just nod, so he knows that I understood him. He is right tho, I mean, up there are so many people that no one can do anything without people noticing. The only problem could be Kayla herself, not listening to the very clear threats.
When the anthem is over, I walk back to the garage to get my stuff and do the final preparing. When suddenly, I feel two hands pat my shoulders from behind. "Hello mate." I hear the person say. I immediately knew who it was. I turn around and greet Carlos. "Hey Carlos, ready to be beaten by me?" I said while chuckling. "You're five places behind me, mate. The only time I'll see you is when I lap you." He says jokingly. "For sure." I nod ironically while smiling at his confidence. "Whats up with you, Lando? You seem like you're not here." "Long story, I'll tell you later." "Don't let whatever it is ruin your race tho." "I won't, good luck Carlos." I say, while walking into the garage. "Good Luck." He says and I am alone again, with my thoughts.

TIME JUMP (KAYLA POV)
Just a few seconds until it's lights out and Lando is lined up in his spot next to Yuki, waiting for the last few cars to finish their formation lap. And I could bet I'm more nervous than some of the drivers. I drove Monaco in F2 and i know that the first corner after the start can be carnage.

As I see light by light turning red, I feel my body tensing. And then, OUT.
The engines roaring, the upshifts and the fans screaming, everything makes me gripping fence of the balcony harder. Turn 1. i watch the monitor in front of us on the other side of the track closely. Nothing, no accident. One or two touches, nothing big. Wow, ok, good.
As the race is in it's first few laps, i decide to answer my family

Mommaaa🤍🤍

Kayla??

Have you seen the post?

Answer, please.

Kayla

Yes, mom I've seen it.