26. Blinded by the lights

AN
Hey guys, I kinda forgot about this due to school and short free time periods during the week.
So sorry, I hope u enjoy this one <3

Lily POV
With Kayla not coming back, I assumed she stayed down in the garage. I saw her and Lando on the big screen during the red flag. The red flag is longer ago. With the last lap ending, I'm starting to get a bad feeling. The camera shot from Lando and Oscar finishing behind each other in the points to the garage crew celebrating. However, I didn't see Kayla anywhere.
After quite some time of chatting with other vip guests, the mandatory interviews must have been over already. I excused myself and went down looking for Oscar, meeting Lando on the way.
"Hey Lando, congrats on the points today." I say to the walking past Lando.
"Oh hey, thanks," he says while turning around.
"Have you seen Oscar somewhere around?" I ask.
"Uhmm, yeah, I think he's in his room." I nod and thank him before we part ways.

A knock on Oscs door was answered with a short "Come in." I guess he expected more this weekend, but I honestly think they did well.
"Hey," he quietly says, looking up from his phone.
"What's wrong, Osc?" I ask, noticing he seems off.
"Nothing, just a bit disappointed by the result," he says while I sit next to him on the cosy little couch.
"Bullshit," I don't want to argue and lean on his shoulder.
I get a sigh as a response as Oscar puts his head on mine.
As Oscar wants to start talking again, he gets interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Come in," he says once again. It's Lando, being out of breath.
"Hey guys, sorry, but have you seen Kayla?"
"Uhh no, not after she went down to talk to you during red. I thought she stayed in the garage after?"
"One of the mechanics told me she left shortly after," he says, and I can hear the fear in his voice. Especially after what happened earlier the day, I fear too.
"Have you tried calling her?" Oscar suggests.
"Multiple times yeah," he says, still panting slightly.
"You looked everywhere?" Oscar asks.
"Uhuhh," Lando pants.
"We'll help you look and ask the mechanics." I demand, wanting Oscar to get up too.
"Get up, Oscar." I say again, which was answered by an "urghhh" as he gets up.

Kayla POV
Darkness is the first thing I feel. The cold is the second thing. The darkness turns into the realisation that it's a kind of bag over my head. The cold feeling centres around my back as a kind of wall. My head is pounding, and my arms and legs hurt. As I try to remove the bag thing from my head, I realize my hands are tied together.
Well, fuck. That's what you get, Kayla.
"Ahh, look who's moving," a man says with a huge accent. The second later, I get blinded by bright white light. What I thought was the sun, I identified as ugly ceiling lights soon.