3. Partying

Friday 26th of may / Monaco practice day
(first person pov)
It was quite a good day for McLaren, compared to the start of the season. After Hungary and Silverstone, with McLaren and Norris on a podium twice and Oscar 4th and 5th in the two races, the expectations rose up. Today's practices were better for Lando than Oscar (1.L:7 O:17 2.L:5 O:18). Even though Oscar agreed to go partying with us.

Us...us were the three of us from McLaren, the Ferrari, RedBull, and Mercedes Duos, with Lily(oscar), Kelly(max), Carola(checo), Isabel(carlos) and Carmen(george).
We were told not to drink that much since there was practise and qualifying tomorrow. I mean, I could've, but I decided not to drink too much, since it's boring to be drunk alone.
We wanted to go to a club near the hotel many drivers, mechanics and staff were staying in. Lando and Charles, each having their apartments in the city, were waiting in the lobby, which had beautiful sofas and was very calming. I was there very early, so I sat next to them, on one of the big sofas. Since we were all half an hour earlier than the time we arranged with the others, we all fell asleep because of the calming music and walls, the fluffy couches, and due to exhaustion.
Half an hour later, we were woken up by the others falling onto the couch, laughing and bouncing.

Arriving at the club, we were guided to our table by the staff. Carlos and Max bought the first round of shots since they were on P1 in the two practises each. We had many shots, not obeying the words of our engineers to not get that drunk.
It's been at least two hours of chatting about the most random topics and drinking meanwhile. We decided to go dancing after a while, and I figured that the others were more drunk than me by the way they were walking. I'm not talking about all of them, but about Lando, Carlos, and Max, definitely having a few too many shots.
We were partying much, jumping, dancing, and walking in circles. After a while, the circle got broken apart by another group of partying people. Lando and I were lost in the middle of the dance floor, so we decided to just stay there until the others find us, or until we find them.

Dancing for what felt like for ever with him, I enjoyed that. I really did, since I never had a boyfriend or anything getting close to a relationship due to the lack of free time because of karting.
He was a very fun, handsome, and nice person, but I never thought about being in love with him, being in love with...anyone. Also I'm very self-conscious concerning my love life and always push thoughts about this topic away to the very back of my mind.
But him, Lando, he was in my mind, since we were karting together. He's always beaten me, but I'll always remember that one race where I finished higher than him and him hugging and congratulating me afterwards. We were kids, not very mature but down to earth, what was rare in our age, being sad after a bad race, but never mad.

All of that was going through my head while we were dancing, not knowing if he even remembered.
I was staring at him the whole time, not noticing until he snapped his finger in front of my eyes. "Kayla, Hello, Kayla, I know I'm attractive, but I've never hypnotised anyone."
I was speechless after what he just said, so I just laughed, and said "Yeah".
Yeah? Why Yeah? Of all of the possibilities, of all of the words existing, I said Yeah.
Am I stupid?

He just stared at me, smiling, while I had my inner conflict. After I just accepted my stupidity, our eyes locked. We have been dancing the whole time. But after we looked into each others eyes, we both just stood there, in the middle of the dancing crowd, still looking deep into each others eyes.