8. Breathe

There was an Info from the FIA saying that my last lap gets deleted due to track limits. So I was in p10 again due to my previous lap.
Everyone looked at me. Even Max' look showed pity. I didn't know if I could believe his look, but it didn't matter at that moment.

I walked, I had no idea where to go but I just walked, I pulled my cap down my face so no one could see me crying, again. I reached the McLaren box, feeling the pity looks of the mechanics walking towards the paddock. While looking down, I walked straight into him. Not that, too.
"Kayla...I'm sorry"
I didn't think about earlier. My head hurt, and I was crying and felt like I would pass out.
"You ok?" he asked.
I wasn't answering him, just looking down.
He took my chin and said "Look at me, Kayla"
He saw the tears, looked me in the eyes, and recognised how sad I was.
He hugged me. Wow. I didn't know I needed that. But it felt so good. Relieving, somehow.
After he let go, holding me by my shoulders, my sadness came back. It was very overwhelming, and I started panicking.
Lando noticed it and pushed me into the driver room on the couch and handed me a glass of water.
"Drink and breathe, Kayla. Breathe calmly"
I couldn't. I just couldn't. My lungs felt tight, and it felt like the air I breathed wasn't enough.
"Kayla, look at me and breathe, just like I do"
I didn't look, I stared at him, not thinking of anything apart from breathing.

Suddenly, Oscar entered. I didn't know who it was until he asked what was happening.
I was somewhere, but not here. I was in my thoughts, wondering how this could happen.
"Kayla? Kayla?"
My eyes snapped open. Lando and Oscar kneeled in front of me, looking worried.
"How are you" Oscar asked in a calming voice.
"Okay" I lied. I hated lying, but sometimes it is better if you lie.

At one point, everything came back. Him talking about the kiss, walking off, and the FIA deleting my lap, which was 100% clean.
"Where did you go, Lando? Why weren't you there after telling me how you feel, OVER RADIO?"
"I...it's a long story Kayla"
"I have time since I don't have to give a Interview"
"I'll give you the short version. I saw a FIA guy walking into the RedBull Box and leaving with a suited up man with an RB cap and a briefcase. I had to follow them because it looked like your stories were true at some point. They walked into a quiet place in the paddock, and I couldn't understand what they were talking about. But the FIA man made a hand motion, showing the other guy to wait and calm down, pointing at his watch, too. Then he took the briefcase and left. The other man walked back over to the RB motorhome. That's the short version."
"What the hell" Oscar didn't know what to say. Me neither.
While wiping the last tears away, I answered "I'm gonna find proof during the race tomorrow."
"That's way too risky," Oscar said and laid on the carpet.
"Nah, it's gonna be chaotic everywhere tomorrow, and it's tight space here, so I won't stand out."
"mmh" they answered in sync.
"What they did today should be proof enough, but they will find excuses to cover it up."
"Your'e right Kayla but Oscar is right too, its risky and dangerous"
"You'll sit in the car and have a race to worry about not me"

It knocked on the door, and someone told Oscar and me to give interviews. I said I didn't want to, but Oscar was okay with it.
So that left Lando and me back in there alone.