11. He then turned

I look over to him, smiling through my watered eyes. He wouldn't see the tears since it's dark outside, but he notices the smile and smiles too. Again, this beautiful and calming feeling makes all of my sadness, anger, and bad thoughts go away. All of that with just one smile of his.
"What?" he asked while laughing.
"Nothing" I say and look away into the distance, the beautiful view of the sea and mountains on the other side making this situation to an even better memory that I'll keep in my heart forever.
"Ok?" He says, looking at the road one last time. It was straight. He then turned, accelerated, and looked me into the eyes, smiling and doing that little lip bite he always does.
"Lando!"
No reaction.
"Lando look at the street!"
"Why, you're a way better view."
Speechless, I am speechless. What? Help, how do I get him to look at the street again?
I kiss him, our lips connect, and I immediately feel the butterflies in my stomach again.
When our lips part, he finally looked at the still straight street again.
"That was worth it." he says with a huge smile on his face.

I shake my head in disbelief.
"That wasn't your first time doing this, huh?"
"How'd you know" he let out a laugh.
"Just felt like it"
"I know this street. I often come up here to relax. It's just me, the road and the car. It's a beautiful feeling that I need sometimes. I'm sad and angry too sometimes, you know. And this view, this smell and the sound of the car just make me feel alive. I need the adrenaline of being pushed back into the seat, of going this fast, thinking about life up here just feels so calm. It's almost like this scene in the movie Cars. You know that?" He laughs.
"Yeah of course, one of my favourites and a big childhood memory."
"Yep, exactly."
This scene from the movie where 2 cars race in the mountains, the beginning of a true love story. Just like us? I mean, we are here in the mountains, both knowing we fancy each other, both thinking about the same things. And the evening just started.

He suddenly slows the car down, and the beautiful sound of the downshifts rip me out of my thoughts.