14. Right above the heart

I wake up in the middle of the night, still in the same position I fell asleep in. Laying on my stomach, my one arm is over his chest, and his is around my head and shoulder. It is dark outside, so I figure it is still night.
I decide to get up and find something to drink. I get up carefully, trying not to make any fast movements so I don't wake him up. I am trying to find his kitchen, because I was very tired tonight and it was very hectic and stressful when I came here Saturday morning. After first walking in the wrong direction, I find his big and tidy kitchen. The whole apartment is very tidy and has a beautiful aesthetic. When I have looked into almost every shelf, searching for a cup, I finally find them and fill one up with water. I take a few sips and put the cup into his dishwasher.
It was right then when I hear something out of the bedroom. I switch the lights of and make my way back into the bedroom when I notice that the apartment door is open. I close it, looking around nervous. When I enter the bedroom, I see a masked man holding a gun against Lando's head. FUUUCK.
I stand there looking at Lando who has fear in his eyes. I can't believe what is happening right now.
"Hello Kayla" the man said.
"What do you want?" I ask, because I didn't know what else to say.
"I want you to stop spying, Kayla" he looks at the gun that he points at Lando, who sits up in bed.
"So you have something to hide?"
"Just keep yourself out of things that aren't meant for your ears"
"Ok, but leave him alone" I just give up, hoping he would leave.
"I feel like you don't mean it"
"I do"
"Alright, I'll show you what will happen to you if you don't hold your promise" he says, points the gun at Lando's chest, right above the heart, and shoots.
"Nooo" I scream.

I shoot up in bed, breathing heavy and my eyes wide open. Looking over to where Lando now sits up and looks at me in fear.
"It was just a dream, just a dream, Kayla" he touches my shoulder gently.
"I...I..." I couldn't talk, trying to breathe.
"Hey. Calm down, try to breathe regular" he looks at me for a while, realizing it doesn't work. He moves behind me, takes the back of my arms and pushes them above my head, my chin laying on my chest.
"Head up, Kayla. And breathe In and Out..." It went like this for about five minutes.
"Better now?"
"Mmh" I still didn't feel like talking. That was the most realistic dream I've ever had. It was a bit too realistic.
"Does that happen often?" he asked when he takes my arms down and pulls me back.
"no" I mumble and place my head on his chest. His hands are on my arms and stomach, gently stroking me. Trying to comfort me.
"Try to go back to sleep. Alright?" I slowly nod.
God, something about this man makes me feel so comfortable and save when I'm with him. He knows how to handle situations like this so well. Is it because he has to handle them himself? He doesn't seem like that. He always is so calm, well, at least it seems like it. While thinking about that, I must've fallen asleep because it is the last thing I remember.

In the morning, I wake up because of the alarm Lando set yesterday. My head is still on his chest.

The sun shined into the room, and it was too bright for my eyes, so I closed them again, wanting to fall back asleep.
"Goodmorning" his tired eyes looking at me, his smile and his messy curls make me blush.
"Morning" I sigh, tired.
"That was hell of a nightmare you must've had there"
"mmh"
"Wanna talk about it?" I could hear how worried he is because of the tone of his voice.
"Not really" I am afraid it would prove his concerns.
"Just know you can, whenever you want" he offers.
"Thanks. Btw, how do you know how to react in a situation like that?"
"Guessed" he lies.
"You're not a good liar, Lando" I look up to him.
" I have that too sometimes, so I know how to make myself feel better, so I tried applying it to you"
"Well it worked, so thank you, Lando"
"You're welcome"
He looks at me with a smirk and throws me of him, onto the other side of the bed.
"Landoooo" I say and try punching his shoulder, but he dodges and gets up.