10. Live and love life

They know, does he know? Is he just a good actor, or did it seem like he's got no clue. That's when I realize that I'am standing here, looking like an idiot. Looking around me, trying to see if somebody noticed my stupidity, I see a man watching me, being dressed all in black. Was he a fan, or somebody that noticed me, or was it...? No, that's enough. I'm starting to see things.
I turn around and quietly walk off.
I'll try to focus on this evening. It's gonna be fun for sure.

Around 9.45pm
I catch myself being a bit nervous. What if he won't like me after this evening? What if I do something stupid? What if somebody sees and asks us what we are and what if it's weird. Too many what if's. Help. I find myself staring into the mirror, overthinking my outfit and myself again.

Imagine anything to wear, whatever you think is beautiful.

Alright, enough of the bad thoughts. It's gonna be fine. Stop overthinking. You look great.
I took one last look at myself in the mirror before walking out of my room into the hallway.
There is nobody. It looks a bit creepy. When I enter the elevator, there is another mirror. I continue to stare at myself again. Is this the right decision? Probably, be honest,Kayla, you liked him before the kiss. But love is something you are afraid of. People knowing how to hurt you by hurting your loved ones feels like a weakness.
The bing of the elevator makes all of my thoughts vanish. I look at the mirror last time, trying to feel and look confident again.
The lobby is big and empty, I sit on the couch we sat on earlier this weekend and wait. A few minutes later, he enters, looking good, very good, maybe a bit too good. I think I smile a bit too much, letting him know what I think.
"You look good, Kayla."
I stand up while he walks towards me.
"Likewise, Lando."
He hugs me.
"Sorry you had to wait," he says.
"It's fine, you're on time, I was too early," I say with a smile on my face.
There is no way that this perfect man chose me. It feels like a dream.
"Shall we go?" he says and points to the exit with a movement of his head.
"Let's go then," I say while still staring at his eyes, enjoying every second of this. I remember all the times younger me watched F1 on TV not expecting to drive one of the cars one day and for sure not expecting dating one of the drivers.
"There you go yln (your lastname)," he says while opening the door of his McLaren.
"Thank you very much Norris", I say with a chuckle and smile on my face, still not believing how lucky I am.
"Where are we going?"
"It's a surprise Kayla, stop being so curious." He said and laughed. God, his smile is so calming and beautiful.
"Ok, I'll let it be a surprise" I answer while smiling back because of the view of his happy face.

He started the engine, and the car let out a roar. Driving on the mountain streets, being pushed into the seats by the G-Forces, due to the cars rapid acceleration. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the feeling of a fast car, the sound of the engine working, and the smell of gasoline. This makes me remember how much I love cars and how lucky I am to make my passion to my job, to make my job to my passion and live and love life. How greatful I have to be to everyone that helped me along on my journey and how much I love every second of this life, greatful for what I have, thinking about all the girls that may look up to me and about all the people having hard times, not believing into life being worth to live for. I cry. Silent. I hate crying, but a few tears escape thinking about all that.