20. Joy and warmth

Lando POV
I pull her her into my arms when I see her tears starting to reform and her remembering.
I can feel her head on my chest and hers still rising unevenly. I try to comfort her by gently stroking her back and arms.
I wish I had somebody helping me when I had these in the past. I wish I had met her earlier. She fills me with joy and warmth.
(✨️brightness and gratitude✨️- sorry).

I am in my thoughts until I feel Kaylas grip strengthen.
"What's wrong, love?" Why did I say love? Doesn't matter. It suits her.
"Stairs." Her voice is filled with fear. That's when I hear it too, footsteps on the stairs. I pull her even closer, being scared for her.
She hides her head in my chest, starting to shake a bit.
Not knowing what or who to expect, I am relieved when I see Oscars confused face.
I laugh, which makes Kayla loosen her grip and look up. When seeing Oscar, I can feel her relax.
"What the hell happened?" He asks, concerned.
"Can I tell him?" I ask, looking down at Kayla.
She nods, not looking at neither of us.
"She was given a final warning by some unknown."
I say and thereby solve the puzzle in Oscar's head.
"What, man? where? when?" Alright, I take that back.
"He touched me, Oscar." Kayla suddenly says.
Oscar looks at her concerned. He sits down at a chair next to us.
"He just came up here, touched you, and said it was a final warning?"
I can feel her nod.
Oscars eyes widen in disbelief, and he looks at me. We exchange a short concerned look.
"Can you describe him?" Oscar tries to help with finding him.
"He was masked up." I intervere.
"Fucks sake."
"Kayla?" I want to make sure she listenes to me.
"Mmh." She keeps her answers short.
"You will stay in the pit during the race. No one can do anything there without being seen."
"100%" Oscar agrees.
"But-"
"No." I don't want her to risk anything, maybe even her life. I don't know what these people are capable of.
"I'll be with you." Lily tries to convince her.
"ok," She says quietly.
Oscar and I both nod. Nothing against Lily, she's great, but I'd rather have her with me in the car.

"Do you still want to eat, or should we leave?" I ask.
"We can eat. You're here now."
I look at Oscar, and we exchange a quick nod again before I gently lift her up with me.
"You good." I look at her washed-up eyes.
"Yea." Her answers staying short the entire time.
We got us some food and sit at a table. We can overview some of the paddock. There is a lot of trouble going on down there. We chat about the race, the upcoming weekends, and so many random things. I never leave her side, she's clingy too, but I understand it fully. Better than the other way around.
As we finish, we pay and leave, entering the hectic paddock once again. Kayla is walking between Oscar and me, Lily, besides Oscar.
We make our way back to the garage. We stop for fans a few times. When we do so, Kayla gets visibly nervous. Since I don't want to show her too much affection in public, because we've never really talked about it, I just place myself next to or behind her, trying to make her feel safer.

Wow, the word "Oscar" is 12 times in this chapter. Sorry for the lack of my creativity

Sorry the update took so long, schools killing me rn