12. Therapy

He drives into a small pathway between huge trees, it was all sandy, and the car stirred up some dust behind us.
"Where are you going?"
"Wait and find out."
We arrived in a beautiful tiny old town with a lot of houses and plants. Not many people were outside. In most of the houses was a warm light and in some houses I saw people dancing, living their life, just being happy.
He parked the car in a tiny parking lot between two houses.
"Wait here." He stepped out of the car, closing the door gently.
It took him a while to get to my side of the car, just when I ask myself why, he opens the door with a tiny bouquet of flowers in his hand that he had just picked.
"There you go, Kayla."
I don't know what to say, I'm sure that I have a big smile on my face. I left the car, he handed me the flowers and I jumped into a hug. No one's ever treated me like this man does.
"Thank you, Lando, it already is the best day I've ever had. Thank you, and I mean that from all my heart." I say into his neck. He loosens the hug and looks deep into my eyes again.
"Kayla, I'm sure if you would come across someone like yourself, you would try everything to keep this person a part of your life and make them happy too." I mean, it was 'just flowers and a car ride' but sometimes it's the smallest things that have the biggest meaning behind them. I couldn't do anything else than kiss him. He put one hand on my waist, the other one on my neck, just like in the bar. All of this happened in such a short time, but it felt like an eternity. He just has this power to make every moment feel slower, making it possible to live it with full heart. When our lips parted, he put both of his hands on my cheeks, I looked up at him, and his beautiful eyes were admiring me.

Lando POV
She is gorgeous, a very pure soul. How did I deserve her? I pray to god that this will last forever. She just makes me feel calm and complete somehow. God, I love her. I bet she can't imagine what these moments mean to me, but I wish they would be a part of my life forever. That she will be a part of my life forever. I closed my eyes, trying not to cry because I hate crying. It makes me feel weak. I often cried, had panic attacks, and didn't feel well. But all of this stopped the second I met her again. She is my therapy. I wish she knew, but I don't want to burden her with that, with my past and feelings. Maybe one day. But not now. These are happy moments. They don't deserve to be destroyed by sad and angry past me.
"Alright, shall we go?" I say, trying to wipe these thoughts out of my mind.
"Sure." There it is her beautiful and calming smile that makes me feel like I'm dreaming.
I grab her hand and gently pull her into the direction of the beautiful, tiny restaurant that I used to go alone sometimes, to just think and catch a break from the hectic life.

Kayla POV
He pulls me with him as he turns around. I can see a tiny restaurant, with beautiful red curtains and a lot of candles.
"I go here often. You know, to think, catch a break and calm down."
"This place feels so calm. It's almost like it's a place that was written by an author. Truly beautiful."
"Just like you."He smiled down at me again.
"Just know I can't handle compliments, but thank you."
"Just wait until you see the view." He laughed teasingly. At the moment, the view was blocked by the tiny houses, I was so curious.
We entered, and it felt like entering a new world. Something magical. The restaurant had a very warm atmosphere due to the dark red curtains. The tables out of dark oak and cosy looking chairs. There was a fireplace, adding warmth and colour to the restaurant, and so did the candles. I now see why he loves this place so much.