5. Good Luck

"What, why doesn't Lando drive?"
"Flu" Zak said..

I was shocked. Sure, I wanted to drive an F1 car since childhood, it was and is my biggest dream but that came out of nowhere, I have no time to prepare for fp3, which would be in a few hours and what about qualifying...I'm...no.
I'am there, saying nothing and looking from Lando to Zak and back, for what felt like an eternity again.

"I know its kinda last minute, but please do it Kayla" Lando weakly said.
"I don't know if I'm ready Lando"
"I know you are, you have been the whole time, but you weren't given a chance to prove it. So take it, take this chance to show the world that you are one of us"

Wow, one of them. That's what I always wanted, but what if I'm not, what if I'm...STOP...just think about younger you, Kayla, and how sad she would be knowing that she will let an opportunity like this slide away.

"Ok, I'll do it", I said, now a little bit more confident.
"Thank you, Kayla, now go with Zak and smash it, I'll you watch from my bed"
"Great Kayla, let's go pick up your stuff"
"Alright, get well Lando" I was a bit afraid of the upcoming few hours.

It was silent during the car ride, Zak answered a few calls and I was thinking. Thinking again, about so much...to much. Until...wait what about tomorrow, if I have to race I can't investigate RedBull. So while Zak was about to call the next person I asked him.
"Do I have to drive the Race?"
"No, we expect Lando to be fit for tomorrow."
"Good."
I said, but I didn't know if I should be happy about the pressure being taken away tomorrow or sad about the fact that I won't drive my first race. I decided that that was a problem for the evening together with the whole RB topic.

Reaching the parking lot I was getting more and more nervous. We walked trough the paddock I was in my own world. Thinking about all the things that happened the last few days and even months. I zoned out so much that I bumped into someone.

"Oh hey Kayla, hi Zak" He said, it was Carlos.
"Hi Carlos, sorry I was thinking about some stuff."
"No problem at all. Are you good after tonight"

I don't know if he was talking about the alkohol or the kiss that he saw. I mean he was very drunk, but that doesn't mean he doesn't remember.

"Yep, I'm good, how about you."
"It's alright. Have you seen Lando, btw?"
"Umm, yeah, about that. He is sick."
"What do you mean, ok-sick or he won't drive-sick?"
"Second one." Zak said without any expression on his face.
"Sooo you'll drive?"
"Yeah, I guess."
"oh wow, that's cool"
"Mmh, I'm a little nervous"
"Oh you don't have to, I saw you driving a few times, your'e an excellent driver Kayla"
"Thank you Carlos, I needed to hear that"
"You'll do great, good luck" he said and walked into the Ferrari motorhome.
"Thank you." I yelled after him