22. Not a bad thing

Nononono. This can't happen. Why can't they keep private life private. I hate media. Why. Fuck. I need to do something. But what? Lando. He knows, he always knows.
I feel Lily pat my shoulder. "We will find a solution, Kayla. But I need you to try and stay calm until then. Okay?" She's trying to calm me. "But everyone will ask questions, and... Oh my god, Zak. No, he will hate me."
"Hating is cruel, Zak isn't." ... "Let's leave this uncommented and talk to the boys first. They might have a solution." She suggests. "Mmh." I answer, afraid of running into reporters or people that might ask questions. Since the paddock isn't directly at the track, the walk requires a few minutes.

As we step outside of the motorhome, there are reporters everywhere. As they see me, they start to rush in our direction. They ask me questions. I can't understand anything because it's a muddle. I feel Lily guiding me away from the people while I keep my head low.
As we get out of the bigger crowd, a few still follow and continue to ask questions. "Kayla, since when are you two together?" "Did you use Lando to get your seat?" "Is Lando the only driver that you hooked up with?"
Tears form in my eyes, I try to keep a poker face and not let them see how their questions get to me. I quietly continue to walk towards pitlane.

I love Lando, I really do. Why can't they just let two happy people live their life? Why does media always have to destroy happiness?

As we arrive in the pitlane, we quickly make our way into the garage. We search for the boys. When we find them, they are training reflexes with their coaches.

Seemingly excited to see us, they turn around. But as they see how hectic and outraged we look, their expressions turn confused. Not a normal confused but a Carlos kinda level of confused.

For a few seconds there is a deadly silence in the room that is being broken fast by the loud pitlane.

"What?" Oscar finially breaks the stares. "There's pictures." I quietly break out. They're still confused as fuck. "What pictures?" Lando is looking at me, trying to figure out what's going on. Since I don't really want to confused them even know and honestly wouldn't even know how to explain, I unlock my phone and open Instagram. After scrolling just a few times, it is there...another one of the probably thousand edits of the two pictures.
I've never thought someone could make a whole edit of just two pictures, but you know what? They can, and it's making me cringe how they can't let privacy be private.

When I stretch out the arm with my phone in my hand to show him what his fans created and much worse, that these pictures even exist.
While watching the video his eyes flicker between the screen and me behind it.

I know that this is a very tiny problem compared to all the problems in this world. Yes, I'm an overthinker, that's why I can't rest with this being uncommented from his side, after he's watching it with a straight face.

As the video is over I take my arm down and stare at him. He's not even moving a muscle in his face. "Say something!" I scream. Maybe that was an overreaction as I immediately felt sorry for screaming at him in front of people, that do not deserve my problems. "Sorry"

"All I see there are pictures of moments I will always remember, a good memory, great moments." He pauses for a moment, giving me the chance to follow his argument. "Take it as a way of remembering how we started, and a way to look back to it in many years." Again, he's pausing. While thinking about how he actually has a point, I didn't realize how he grabbed my shoulder in a comforting way.

"But what if everyone hates me? What about Zak? Am I losing my fucking job? Do I have to live under a bridge? My family, fuck I didn't respond anyone yet. They must hate me? And what if-" "Kayla just stop for a second will you?" He says while chuckling. Now both his hands are in my shoulders. I do. I just stare at a smiling Lando. "It's not a bad thing isn't it?" "It's not." I answer "So why would we care? Let them be jealous." He pulls me into a hug.

Damn I forgot about Oscar and their trainers on the floor on their mats, whatever they were doing there.

Oh how I love his hugs. They feel like nothing can happen to you, I could stay there forever.
"It's altight, Kayla, why should we mind. Just ignore them, don't let them get to you." He whispers in my ear, as he ends the hug by holding me infront of him on both shoulders again. He is waiting for my approval.
I nod and am able to smile, he is right. I love him, why would a few posts stop me from loving this man.

A few minutes later me and Lily sit leaning against a wall chatting about this and that. I'm trying not to think about this man and how stupid this day was. But watching the boys, not having to do anything, feels quite good. I've never thought that resting for a bit would help my mental health this much.
Laughing even more, if it is the gossip with Lily, stupid things she's telling me about Oscar, what he did not like very much or if its Landos trainer, losing the grip of his rubber band, due to Landos strength which made it smack right against his upper chest almost his face. We burst out laughing at him whimpering at the pain for a bit.

Hey guys,
I am so sorry for the few that are waiting for an update but now I have holiday and maybe will upload more often due to school stress being gone for now.
How do you like it for now, I could use some feedback.
Thanks for reading, love you guys and merry Christmas 🫶🫶