4. Out of air to breathe

And then...then he put his one hand around my waist, the other one around my neck and kissed me.

He kissed me...

Lando Norris kissed me...

I enjoyed it. That was my first kiss. I never imagined him to be my first kiss. Well, to be honest, I did, but I'd never admit it... not even to myself.
Well, at least I now know that he likes me too. Does he...? Or is he just too drunk to understand what he just did and who he kissed...

The kiss lasted long, very long, and it lasted until we ran out of air to breathe. We stared deep into each others eyes again, he was smirking, was it smirking, I don't know, his smile was wide. It's almost like a horror-clown. But it was a beautiful, warmth-filled, and calming smile.
We both couldn't stop smiling until someone coughed very loud and provocative next to us. Of course it was Carlos, of course he's been watching this whole time and... of course he was smirking. "Just wanted to tell you guys that we went back to the table, but I guess that you want to be alone" he said while still drunkenly smirking.
Lando and I looked at each other, nodded, and went with him.
The others were already drinking again and seemingly having a lot of fun. We joined. Carlos did not tell anyone what he just saw.
After 2 more hours of drinking, dancing and a lot of laughing we decided to call it quits for the day, because of the important day that has already started, since it is around 2am.
Nothing happened between Lando and me during the last two hours. I'm just having fun with the whole group.

Well, we left, and everyone went home Charles and Lando back to their apartments and the rest of us back to the hotel. The two boys went with us the whole way until we reached our hotel. Everyone tried to hug everyone, but we could've just done a big group hug to make it less stressful. Lando and I hugged very long and very intense. He was warm, his heartbeat was slow, and he was gentle. Wow, what a man i thought.
After that everyone went it's own way and a very exiting evening ended with me laying in my bed, not being able to sleep, because of that moment between Lando and me, not knowing if he was fully conscious and meant that kiss.
After a long time of thinking, I finally fell asleep.

Saturday 27th may/ Quali day
I woke up with two missed calls from each Lando and Zak and a text from Zak saying to come to Lando's apartment, which only was two streets away from the hotel. My heart started beating. "What is happening" I said out loud, even though no one would hear or answer me. I looked at the clock. My alarm didn't work. While checking why, I saw that I sat it to pm, not am. "Well done Kayla" I said out loud again.
I threw on a random shorts and hoodie and left my room. While walking downstairs and running over the streets, I was hoping that no one would recognise me.
I was a bit afraid of what situation was waiting for me in his apartment. I had to talk about yesterday evening with him too. But I'll do that in a calmer moment.

Reaching the door, I just threw my fist with all the remaining power I had after running the whole way against the door, trying to make them hear me. It might have been a bit stupid since I could've just rang the bell, which I then did.
Zak opened the door, looking concerned.
"What's wrong, why am I here...and where's Lando?"
Zak told me to follow him. He walked upstairs into a bedroom and then... I saw Lando laying in his bed with a doctor beside him.
"You have to drive Qualifying today Kayla" Zak said...