9. Together and Partisan

"Can I ask you something, Lando?"
"Sure, go on."
"Did you just say it so I'll perform better?"
"Of course not, Kayla. I said it because I meant it and thought it could be a motivation too. I don't know, I let my intrusive thoughts win. I'm sorry if it came out wrong."
"I just...Why me?"
"Uhh, have you met you, Kayla? You're a wonderful person, fun to be around and have a great character"
"... . Sorry, I don't know how to deal with compliments, but thank you."
"How about this" he said and lent in for a kiss.
Butterflies, so many butterflies. He chose me, me. He could have almost every woman in this world, but he chose me.
His one hand around my neck, the other one around my waist.
I lasted for what felt like an eternity again, until we both were out of breath. We stared into each others eyes and smiled. Both knowing that we both wanted and maybe needed this too.
"What are we, Lando? It can't go on like this."
"We can be whatever you want us to be."
"Together, I want us to be together, Lando, I enjoy you. You're a beautiful person to be around. Calming somehow."
"It's like if you can read my mind. Knowing how I feel about us and you."
I just smiled, being out of words, not knowing what to do or how to act. All I know is that I love him with all my heart.
While I was enjoying the moment, trying to understand what just happened, he changed the topic.

"I'm not sure if I'm ok with you walking through the Red Bull Box and Motorhome, btw."
"Uhhhh," I was annoyed by them being worried.
"First of all, it's dangerous, and imagine what would happen if you'd get caught, Kayla. Bad PR for you and maybe the team, too. Second of all, my intentions tell me that you are onto something, and as much as I want it solved or gone and you being right, I think that's a job for someone else."
"Yeah, but who else do you want to ask, huh. The FIA?"
Lando sighed, knowing that I'm right.
"You can't change my opinion on it, Kayla. I don't want anything to happen to you. And I'm sure Oscar and many others think the same."
"You can't change my mind either. I'll be fine."
We stood up, walking towards the motorhome. He opened the door, signalling me to go first.
"Why are you so stubborn?" He said and laughed.
"Dunno, but it works. That's why I'm here."
"Alright enough of this topic, you free this evening?"
"Sure, for you, always."
"Good to know."
Right in front of the motorhome, Max saw us, walking towards us and seemingly wanting to talk to me about something.
"Oh oh, the enemy. I'll pick you up at 10 pm." He says and gives me a kiss onto the cheek.
"Hey Kayla."
"Max," I said and nodded, as the disappointed feeling came back.
"Kayla, I want you to know that I rewatched your lap and that it was clean and neat as fuck. Great job, I don't understand why they deleted it."
"Me neither, but it feels like they are partisan." I almost said to much, not knowing if he is inaugurated.
"You think?"
I sighed " I don't know, mate."
"Anyways, just know that you're an excellent driver and that you deserved this Pole."
"Thanks, Max."
"Even someone from my team had a call with somebody and said that you could be a real threat to us and that we have to be careful." He said while laughing.
"Sure."
"Have fun for the rest of the weekend, Kayla."
"Thanks, good luck for the race."
"Thank you." He said while walking off.

Shit.