Play Date

"This is our house!" He spoke excitedly as he showed you around the whole house.

You smile and look around, following Osamu closely as he takes you to every room in the house. "It looks so nice."

"Wait till ya meet ma. She'll love ya!"

As if on cue, the mother of the Miya twins appears in the room Osamu has brought you to, a warm smile on her face. "So ya are home, Osamu. I was wonderin where ya were."

"Sorry fer not runnin to ya, ma. I shoulda hugged ya when I got back."

His mom's eyes flicked over to you. "And who's yer little friend?"

Osamu beamed at his mother. "This is Y/n! She's my friend. We met at the park one day and then I saw her again at school!"

She raised her brow at her son. "Does her parents know she's here? Are they ok with her bein here instead of going home?"

You look down, a sad expression on your face. "Um... my parents died when I was little and I live at an orphanage. The people that run it don't really care about when I'm there and when I go off on my own. No one really watches over me...."

"Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that. Yer always more than welcome to come over here whenever ya want."

"Thank you, ma'am." You bow to show respect and gratitude to her.

Osamu looked at you, worried that you'd feel sad to talk about your situation. "Are you ok, Y/n?"

You look at him, giving him a small nod. "I'm ok."

Mrs. Miya kept her eyes on you, happy to see her son getting along with you. "Which orphanage do you live in, Y/n?"

You blink, making eye contact with her. You were surprised to be asked about the specifics of your living situation. "Mirai Children's Orphanage."

She smiles. "Maybe I'll be visiting you there with Osamu." She walked away.

Osamu beamed. "Ma likes ya! She's gonna help us play together!"

You wondered why you were asked about which orphanage you lived in, possibilities spiraling in your head. You didn't reveal your thoughts to Osamu. Instead, you smiled and went along with his comment. "Yay! I can't wait to play together more often!"

Osamu smiled and took hold of your hand, pulling you around the house once more. "Are ya hungry?"

"A little."

"Wanna ask ma fer a snack?"

"What about dinner?"

"I still eat dinner."

"You get snacks and dinner?"

"Don't ya also get snacks?"

You avert your eyes from him for a brief moment. "No... you usually don't get food outside of meals unless you don't want to eat an actual meal."

His jaw dropped, surprise filling his eyes. "Really?"

You nod. "That's what the orphanage is like."

"That sounds awful. With how much me and Atsumu eat, we couldn't go without snacks and meals."

You shrug. "I'm used to how the orphanage works. I mean, you get used to it when you live there your whole life."

"I hope you can actually have a family soon. If you only live in that orphanage, you won't be able to live like other kids."

"I know. I'm already different from other kids."

At that moment, Atsumu appeared. He looked at his twin. "I'm hungry. I'm asking ma fer a snack."

Osamu nodded excitedly. "We were just boutta do that too!"

Atsumu looked at his brother's hand, which was still holding yours. "Is she yer girlfriend now?"

Osamu huffed. "No! She's my best friend."

Atsumu looked hurt by that statement. "What about me?"

"Yer my twin. That's completely different."

"How's that different?"

Osamu shrugged. "It just is. Friends and family are different."

Astumu, having thought that because they were twins, had assumed that they'd also be best friends. "Fine. I'm asking ma fer a snack."

Osamu starts pulling you again. "Let's go find ma!"

You nod, a small smile on your face. "Ok."

Atsumu wasn't happy that his twin brought you home and even less happy that you were still receiving all the attention. He remained silent, not wanting to upset his brother by showing how he truly feels about you.

Their mother appeared, apparently walking to the kitchen. She looks down and smiles at you kids. "Is everyone getting along and having fun?"

Osamu nods. "Yep!"

You and Atsumu look at each other, his eyes narrow in a glare. You flinched and quickly look back to Mrs. Miya and nod, trying to keep a smile on your face.

"Is everything alright?" She keeps a warm smile on her face.

Osamu speaks up for the three of you. "We want a snack."

Mrs. Miya smiles and heads into the kitchen, handing you all an onigiri each. "This is all for a snack. We'll be havin dinner soon."

"Ok, ma. Thanks." The twins spoke in unison.

"Thank you." You thanked their mom before carefully eating your onigiri.

You watch as the Miya twins absolutely devour their onigiri, both of them having specks of rice on their faces. You try to giggle quietly, not wanting them to think you were laughing at them.

However, Osamu noticed you turn away and sees your body trembling. "Are ya ok, Y/n?"

You nod, turning back to look at him with a smile on your face. You can't contain your giggles as you speak to him. "You and your brother have rice on your faces."

The twins turn to each other and notice the rice on the other's face. They quickly wipe down their faces, slightly embarrassed that you giggled at them for something like that.

Osamu looked back at you with a red face. "Sorry bout that."

"It's fine. It's not a bad thing. It's ok to be a messy eater."

He smiled at you. "Yer the best."