A Normal Dinner

You sigh as you wait in the house. It always felt lonely when Osamu was at practice, but you tried not to think about it. You felt it was better that the twins were at practice, cuz then Atsumu couldn't harass you.

Mrs. Miya watched you, seeing how you were sitting by yourself at the kitchen table. She frowned, seeing the look in your eyes.

She walked over to you, gently placing a hand on your shoulder. "Y/n, are you ok?"

"It's great that Osamu likes playing volleyball and has fun while doing it, but it makes me feel lonely whenever he's not with me."

"Still not making friends at school?"

You frown. "It's hard to make friends when Atsumu is determined to make my life hell. Any time I try talking to the other girls, he ends up making them his fan girls and turns them against me before I even have the chance to do anything."

"I see.... I'm sorry my son does that to you. Would you like to help me with dinner tonight?"

You smile weakly at her, beginning to stand up. "I'd love to help you, ma."

The woman smiled as you two started making dinner together. "How was your day, Y/n?"

You sigh. "Fine, I guess. Osamu was acting a little weird earlier. I offered to help him with homework, and he was just... different."

"How so?"

"That's just it, I can't quite place it. He was quieter, but I can't tell what might be bothering him, if there's even anything bothering him."

"Oh? Well, that is different. Usually, he tries to talk to you as much as possible. I wonder what may be going on." She had an idea, and smiled at her idea.

"Other than that, it was a normal day." You continued to talk about your day to the woman.

"So what happens on a regular day?"

"A lot of guys try talking to me. Some even try asking me out."

Mrs. Miya leaned closer, obviously interested in this topic. "And how do you respond to those guys?"

"By being honest. I tell em I'm not interested. I'm not looking for a relationship right now, and I don't wanna go on dates with any of them."

The mother sighed in relief. "I suppose that's good for you. I know you focus on school before all else. Just remember, you can always try experiencing romance. You gain a lot from relationships."

You consider her words. "I guess you're right. But I haven't met anyone I'm interested in that way yet."

"Or maybe, and this is just a thought, you can try dating Osamu."

You look at the woman. "Osamu? Why him?"

"Well, I'd love to have you as a permanent part of the family. And you and Osamu get along so well. I feel like a relationship between you two would go so well."

"I'll... think about that." You felt uncomfortable with where the conversation had shifted. You just continued making dinner silently.

Just as you two were finishing up with making dinner, the front door opened and closed.

"We're home." You heard the twins call out.

Mrs. Miya turned to the boys standing in the doorway of the kitchen. "Go clean up, and we can all eat dinner."

The boys nod, Atsumu turning around and walking away.

You and Osamu made eye contact. It only lasted for a few seconds before he flinched and quickly walked off to go clean up.

Mrs. Miya caught the blush on her son's face, smirking at the fact that her son might be falling for you. "Y/n, why don't you go ahead and sit down? The boys should be back down soon."

The twins came back down, one before the other.

For a while, you were alone in the kitchen with Atsumu. Mrs. Miya went off, saying she wanted to talk to Osamu prior to dinner.

You slowly and nervously looked over at the twin in front of you. "So... how was practice?"

"Horrible."

"I'm sorry. I honestly thought you and Osamu were the best volleyball players around."

He glared at you. "The volleyball part was fine."

"But you said-"

"The entire team talking about you was awful." He snapped.

You flinched. "Why were they talking about me?"

"I don't fucking understand it. All the guys think yer so pretty, so amazing. Yer just a piece of trash. Fucking stay out of my life."

"I'm sorry."

Atsumu angrily stood up, walking over to you and grabbing you by the collar of your shirt. "You think you can fix things with an apology?"

"I know it won't really fix anything, but I don't know what else I can do."

He brought his face dangerously close to yours. "Why don't ya start by just disappearing? Vanish into thin air, as if you never fucking existed. There's no point to yer life anyway. So just stop living. Go far away from here and kill yourself."

He roughly let you go, basically throwing you to the ground. He went back to his seat at the table and sat down.

You slowly got up, tears in your eyes. You sat back in your own seat, remaining silent with your head down.

Osamu and the twins' mother came back to the kitchen, each sitting in their own seats.

You all began eating. You remained silent, not looking up from your plate of food.

Mrs. Miya and Osamu both noticed your sudden change in attitude. They wondered what could've happened.

Then Osamu thought of it. "What did ya do, Atsumu?"

The meaner twin shrugged. "We just talked about my day. I've done nothing wrong."

Osamu knew his twin was lying, but he knew you wouldn't say anything with Atsumh sitting right there. He decided he'd ask you during your study session together.

You all went back to eating dinner in complete silence. The tension was thick around the table.

You were the first to finish your dinner. You cleaned up your plate and silently went to your room, waiting for Osamu to come in to study.

And you cried, Atsumu's words sinking deep within your heart and mind.