Confess?

"Oh, when did you and Atsumu dye your hair?" You look at the boy in front of you, curiosity in your eyes.

"Right before we started high school, soon after ya left home."

"Oh, I see. It looks good, for both of you."

"Thanks."

You look at your phone as a message popped up. "Ah, I gotta get going now. I'll see ya tomorrow, Samu. Tell Atsumu I said hi and thank him for me."

"Thank him? Fer what?"

You give a sweet smile to the boy. "For helping me find you earlier. I'll see ya, bye."

"Get back to your place safely."

"I will. Stay safe tonight."

"I will. See ya."

Osamu sighs as he gets up, walking back to the hotel the Inarizaki team was staying at. A thought remained fresh in his mind during the whole walk. And he thought it was about time to get advice.

When he arrived at the hotel, he decided to ask the entire team about what he should do.

"Hey, guys. I'm back."

Atsumu greeted his twin. "Hey, Samu. Have fun with Y/n?"

Osamu looked surprised at his twin, not expecting that kind of reaction from him. "Yeah. She says hi and thanks for helping her find me today."

"Cool. It was no problem, but she coulda just texted me. Don't know why she'd have you relay a message."

Osamu blinked, not used to his twin addressing you in a somewhat friendly manner. "I dunno. She just asked me to tell ya that when she was leaving."

"Who's Y/n?" Akagi cut into the conversation, obviously curious.

Atsumu answered. "A girl that was an orphan and lived with us up until high school. She goes to Itachiyama now. She's Samu's childhood best friend."

Kita looked at the twins, seeing how Osamu was reacting to how Atsumu responded. "She's their manager now, I'm guessing?"

Osamu nodded. "Yeah. She's friends with Sakusa."

Atsumu's eyes widened. "They're friends?"

"That's what she told me today."

"Interesting."

Aran raised his head, looking between the twins. "Why bring up this girl?"

Osamu fidgeted in place. "Well... I was actually hoping I could get advice about her from ya."

Kita raised a brow. "Go ahead. What advice did you need?"

"I really like her, I have fer years. But I don't know what to do about it. I'm not sure if she feels the same."

There was a long silence. The members of the team were not ready for that.

Atsumu was the first to speak up. "Then confess yer feelings and see what happens from there. Yer her oldest friend, there's probably some sorta feelings on her end."

Osamu gaped at his twin, not expecting Atsumu to say anything of the sort. "That's surprising coming from you, Tsumu."

"How so?" The other members of the team didn't understand why Osamu said what he did.

"Cuz Tsumu hates her guts! He always bullied her. And now yer acting nice when she's around? What's going on with you, Tsumu?"

Atsumu looked at his twin. "I used to hate her. I don't anymore."

"Really? When did that change?"

"When she left. I started being nice after she left, but I guess she never told ya about the texts I've sent her since she started going to Itachiyama."

Osamu was stunned. "Ya texted her?"

"Yeah. She was actually much nicer about it than I thought she'd be, considering how I treated her all this time. She's actually a really nice person."

Akagi looked between the twins. "Do you like her too, Atsumu?"

The blond twin flinched. "Dunno. I'd rather not think that way, not if Osamu is planning to confess his feelings. And I doubt she'd ever like me as anything other than a friend or family, if she grows to like me at all. I assumed she'd always hate me for all the shit I've said and done to her."

Osamu narrowed his eyes. "So ya realized what ya did?"

"I realized how terrible I've been to her when I found out she was moving away cuz of me."

Kita stopped the twins before a fight could break out. "That's enough of this. We're talking about Osamu having feelings for this girl. Let's focus on that."

Suna looked up from his phone, eyes trained on Osamu. "Why don't we just help him find the right moment to confess to her?"

Akagi nodded. "Right after we win the whole inter high would be perfect timing!"

Osamu shook his head. "No way. If Itachiyama loses, she might not be in the right state to handle a confession."

"And they've been best friends for their whole lives. That kinda confession might come as a shock to her." Atsumu pointed it out.

Osamu groaned. "Maybe I'll just continue keeping these feelings a secret from her for the rest of our lives."

Suna blinked. "No way. You'll only end up hurting, and it could end up damaging your friendship with her. You should confess as soon as you get a chance. Maybe things will turn out well."

Osamu looked at the middle blocker. "Ya think so, Suna?"

He nods. "Sure. The worst that could happen is she says she doesn't feel that way about you. And I doubt she'd ruin a lifelong friendship over romantic feelings. Give it a shot. Maybe she likes you back, and you've yet to find out."

Osamu nods, determined. "Alright. I'll confess to her tomorrow night, after all the matches are done with."