Moving?!

"What? Yer leaving the prefecture?"

You nod. "Yeah. I planned on going to a school in the Tokyo prefecture for high school."

Osamu felt his heart sink at the thought of you moving away. "How serious are ya with this?"

"I already took the entrance exam and passed. Your mom and I were talking about the arrangements for the move once I told her that the school wants me."

"Ma knows?"

You nod. "I told her when the idea first popped into my head a few years back. She told me to keep thinking until our last year in middle school to see how serious I am with this plan. And we discussed it recently, and she'll support me since this is what I really wanna do."

Osamu sighed, taking in the information. "I wish I knew about this sooner."

You look into his eyes. "I'm sorry. I just didn't know how to tell you and didn't know how you'd react to it."

"Well, I'm not happy about it. You're my best friend. And you're moving away? I won't be able to see you every day."

"I know. But... this is what will be best for me because of the Atsumu situation."

Osamu's voice broke as he spoke. "I get that. And it upsets me that my own twin is driving my best friend away from me."

"I understand you're upset about it. But...."

"No. I get it. It's what's best for you. I'll support you. At least you won't be bullied anymore. I'm happy for you. I'll miss you."

You felt your chest tighten as tears rolled down the boy's face. "Samu...."

He sniffled. "Is there any way I can convince you to stay here with me?"

"I'm so sorry. I just, I need to get away from Atsumu. I can't handle all this bullying anymore. This is what's gonna be best."

"What about me?"

"I'll miss you, Samu. And I'm not making this decision with you in mind. If it weren't for Atsumu, I'd keep things the way they are."

"Please, just stay here with me."

You give him a pitying look. "I wish I could. But I just can't. I need to do what will be best for my mental health. And this bullying has gotten to me. I've endured it for years, but I don't think I can take it anymore."

"I'll find a way of making him stop."

"I appreciate the thought, Samu. But I doubt it would work. Atsumu is determined to bully me my whole life until I get out of his. This is the only solution to the problem."

Osamu slid his back down the nearby wall, hands cupping his face as he let out a sob. "Don't go, please, Y/n. Don't leave me."

You kneel down, gently placing a hand on his shoulder. "I have to, Samu. It's what's best for me. Isn't that what matters?"

"But I'm gonna miss you so much!"

"I know. I'll miss you too."

He looked up at you with pleading eyes. "Then don't go."

You felt tears beginning to prick your own eyes. "I'm sorry."

He grabbed your hands, pulling you closer to him. "If you're sorry, then don't leave."

"I'm leaving, Samu. I'm not changing my mind. I really can't handle Atsumu picking on me anymore. I need to get away from it. I need to move away, at least until after I've graduated high school. Maybe things will be different after high school. But, until then, I need to get away from him. Nothing will get better if I don't get away."

"What about me? Things will feel worse for me if you leave. You're my best friend. I don't want to see you leave, especially not because my brother did something."

You hug the crying boy. "If things could be different, I'd love that. But, this is how things are gonna be. I'll still call and text you every day. Your mom and dad will be providing me with everything I'll need for the move. I promise we won't stop being friends because of any of this."

Osamu hugged you back, squeezing tightly. "As long as we're still friends... I guess it'll be fine. And you have to text every day, I'll call you after practices."

You giggle. "Ok. Sounds like a plan."

"Tsumu!"

The boy looked at his twin. "What's up, Samu?"

"Because of everything you've done, Y/n's moving away for high school!"

Atsumu's eyes widened. "What?"

"I'm losing my best friend because of you!"

"I doubt she'll stop being your friend."

Osamu huffed. "She won't. But it'll feel like I've lost her. You drove her away from home. And ma knew about it!"

"Ma knew she planned on leaving? And was ok with it?"

Osamu nodded. "I was surprised ma was helping with this. I can't believe Y/n's gonna leave the prefecture."

"She's leaving the prefecture? Where's she gonna go?"

"Tokyo."

Atsumu blinked, shocked. "She's really going that far away?"

"Yeah, I can't believe it! It's all yer fault!" Osamu stormed away.

Atsumu sighed, bringing his hand to his face. "I can't believe she's leaving either."

"I've gone too far, haven't I?"