Heartfelt Confessions

You and Osamu sigh after sitting down on a park bench. You two decided to take a few moments, just silently sitting with each other.

Osamu turns to look at you, smiling as he takes in all your features. He ends up being the one to break the silence. "You look beautiful, Y/n."

You flinch, turning to meet his gaze. "Thanks. You don't look bad, yourself."

He moves his hand to cup your cheek. "I remember when we were kids, how you were always so cute and shy. Now, you've grown into such a beautiful young woman. I can't believe how much we both grew up."

You just look into his eyes, your heart beginning to skip a beat before increasing its pace. "Why are you bringing this up all of a sudden?"

"Because I've got something on my mind tonight, now that it's just the two of us."

"And what would that be?"

Osamu hesitated, still not fully prepared to tell you his feelings. "I know we haven't seen each other for the past year or so. And I hated not being with ya all that time, I missed ya more than anything."

You lean in closer to the boy, desperately wanting to hear his thoughts. "Yeah. It was hard for me too. I was all alone and missed you so much."

"It hurt not having you around all the time. I'd end up crying myself to sleep on the days where I was missing you more. I felt like I was breaking without ya by my side."

Your heart ached, feeling pained knowing he suffered without you. "I'm sorry. I really wished things had been better. If not for Atsumu's bullying, I probably would've stayed and things wouldn't have been so hard for the both of us."

Osamu sighed. "I know. And Tsumu and I had a few fights after ya left. It started as arguments, and constantly graduated into fist fights. I blamed him fer my best friend leaving me. And it seems like now, he actually feels bad and is tryna make up fer it."

"Yeah. After I left, he started messaging me and it seemed like he was trying to be genuinely kind to me. It was weird, but I'm glad that he's not trying to make my life hell anymore."

Osamu was curious and needed to know, the thought having been put into his mind the night before. "How do ya feel about Tsumu?"

"I can just barely tolerate him. I still haven't fully forgiven him for all the shit he pulled throughout our lives. Why?"

"I as just curious, making sure ya weren't weirdly in love with the very person that made yer life hell and caused ya to move far away from home."

"No way. I'd never like him as anything other than maybe a friend or family. And that's pushing it right now. It's far too soon for me to have any positive feelings for him."

Osamu smiled, relief washing over him. "That's good to hear."

"Where are you going with all this, Samu?"

He took a deep breath, nervously holding eye contact with you. "I've fallen fer ya."

Your eyes widened, unsure of what you may have just heard. "W-what?"

"I fell in love with ya at some point while ya were still living back in Hyogo. And now that I'm here, sitting with ya again, it feels like my heart is gonna beat right out of my chest." He grabbed your hand and placed it above his heart. "Feel how fast it's beating?"

You nod. "I... I never knew you felt this way about me. I always just thought you saw me as your best friend and nothing else."

His heart beat changed momentarily. "I stopped seeing ya that way while we were in middle school."

You try to keep breathing in a calm manner, struggling to keep yourself together. "I'm... so glad to hear that, Samu."

"Really? Why's that?"

"Cuz... I fell in love with you too. But I only just realized it recently."

"Ya mean it? Ya really like me back?"

You nod, a smile spreading across your face. "Yes, Samu. I fell in love with you."

His eyes dart down to your lips before quickly meeting your eyes once more. "Is it ok if I kiss ya?"

You chuckle softly. "It's more than ok. It would be weird if you didn't."

Gently, he put his lips to yours. His arms wrapped around you and pulled you closer to his body. You wrapped your own arms around him, kissing him back.

He pulled away, a smile on his face. "I love ya, Y/n."

You have a smile of your own on your face. "I love you too, Osamu."