Volleyball Manager?

"How's volleyball?"

"Disgusting."

"Then why do you play?"

Sakusa sighs. "I hate leaving things unfinished."

You blink. "Connect the dots for me, dude."

Sakusa stares at you. "I started it and want to continue it to the fullest."

"So, basically, from what I've got, you just enjoy playing it, regardless of how disgusting it makes you feel."

"I guess you could put it that way."

You smile. "You have a funny way of saying you enjoy things."

"Have you ever been involved with volleyball?" He tipped his head to one side.

You hum. "No, only had friends that played. Why?"

"The team is looking for a manager. If you have nothing else to do, would you like to join as our manager?"

You stare at him, surprised. "You want me as your manager?"

"It'll be better to have someone I can tolerate join. If not, it'll just be another germ to bother me."

"Well... I don't have anything else I'm doing with all my free time. I guess I could join your team."

From under the mask, Sakusa smiled slightly. Not that you would be able to tell. "Go to our coach in the teachers' office to fill out the application."

"I can do it now. Can you walk me there?"

He stands up. "Sure. It was my idea, so I can at least help you out a bit."

You two walk through the halls together, Sakusa leading you and introducing you to the coach. Nervously, you fill out the application form to be a manager and handed it back to the coach. The coach smiled and gave you a warm welcome to the team.

As you two leave, you turn to your friend. "That wasn't as bad as I thought."

He looks at you. "You shouldn't feel nervous. No one will be mean to you. And if they do, I'll talk to them."

You smile at him. "Thanks, Sakusa!"

He turned his focus away from you, staring straight ahead. "It's no problem."

You nervously look at the boy. "Are you sure this will go well?"

Sakusa nods. "It should be fine. The guys wanted a manager, and here you are as a volunteer. If anything, I think they'll be thrilled to have you around. Just... don't let those germs get all over you."

You chuckle quietly. "I'll try to keep my distance."

"Good. Oh, by the way, someone on the team is related to me."

"What?!"

Sakusa still didn't look at you. "Yeah, he's my cousin. Kind of annoying, though."

You just look at the tall boy beside you. "You find a lot of people annoying."

"People are annoying."

"I can't argue with you. You're completely right about that."

"Yeah."

You sigh, looking forward once more. "Why didn't you ever tell me about your cousin before?"

"Didn't want to."

"Are you two close?"

"Debatable."

You glance at him from the corner of your eye. "Explain?"

He looks at you. "He's the only person I talked to until we met. But I still don't really like it when he touches me. I try to keep a distance with him, just like I do with everyone else."

"I see. Well, I'll try to get along with him."

"You don't have to. In fact, you don't have to talk or try to get along with anyone on the team."

You raise a brow at him. "And why is that?"

"They're germs. They might infect you with their germs."

You chuckle quietly. "You really don't like being around other people."

"My preference would be to be around as few people as possible."

You two reach the volleyball gym. You pause with Sakusa before he slowly opens the door, leading you into the gym. As you two walk in, the other members of the club start turning to look at you.

You see eyed widen as they stare at you. "Sakusa, they're staring at me."

He sighs. "I figured they'd act this way once I brought you here."

A boy with brown hair walks up to you two, a smile on his face. "Hey, I'm Komori Motoya. Nice to meet you."

You smile slightly at him. "I'm Y/n, I'll be your manager from here on out. Nice to meet you as well."