A New (Real) Home

"Let's go, Y/n!"

You tilt your head in confusion, looking at the boy. "Go where, Osamu?"

The kind twin smiled at you. "My house!"

As much as you wanted to go with him, you remembered what you talked about with his mother the night before. You shake your head. "I can't. I need to get back to the orphanage now."

He frowned. "Oh... ok. You will come over tomorrow, though, right?"

You smile, knowing how often you were going to be at his house with him from here on out. "Of course!"

You walk the route back to the orphanage by yourself. You felt lonely, but that was normal. You knew that once you got back, your normal was going to change.

Once inside the orphanage, you ran into the room you stayed in. You hurried to pack up all your things, which wasn't much considering you never got many new things from the people running the orphanage. You sighed, feeling somewhat impatient while waiting for Mrs. Miya to come get you.

Suddenly, one of the orphanage workers opens the door to your room, standing in the doorway. "Someone here says she wants to adopt you. Come on, get all your belongings. And hurry, don't keep this person waiting. They might change their mind if you take your time."

"I'm all packed." You quickly grab your things and walk out of the room.

You follow the adult through the building. They lead you to the entrance of the orphanage, where Mrs. Miya is standing and waiting for you with a smile on her face.

You smile once you see her, running up to her. "Mrs. Miya!"

She shows you her warm smile. "Y/n, are you ready to come home with me permanently?"

"Yes!"

Mrs. Miya grabs your hand, looking back at the orphanage employees. "Is everything all taken care of?"

One of them nods. "Paperwork is in order, payment successfully made. All preparation on our end has been completed. The girl is all yours. Enjoy."

Another kept a blank stare. "Don't bring her back. If you don't want her, take her somewhere else."

Mrs. Miya squeezed your hand slightly. "I want her. I have no intention of ever giving her up. She will definitely not be coming back here, no matter what. I fully accept her as my child, and I will be taking care of her as such. Have a nice day."

Without another word being uttered, she ushers you out of the orphanage, leading you to her car and helping you get inside. She gets in the driver's seat and starts up the car. "I'm so glad I got you out of there. Those people are awful. Let's go home. The boys are waiting for us."

"I can't wait to get home."

"My husband should also be home this time, so you'll be able to meet him. I told him all about you and let him know that I was planning to do this. He can't wait to meet you, Y/n."

You smile brightly. "I'm excited to meet him, too."

She chuckles. "I think Osamu will be the most excited with this new arrangement. He'll want to share a room with you so he can always be right there with you."

Your eyes sparkled with happiness. "Yeah."

"But since you're not blood related and are a girl, you'll be getting your own room. I think that will be best for you as you grow up. I'll have to teach that to the boys. Hopefully, they'll understand."

"Makes sense to me."

Soon, you two pull up to the Miya house. You got out of the car and Mrs. Miya helped you get all of your belongings.

She gives you a warm smile as she starts heading to the house. "Come on, Y/n. Let's get inside your new home."

You quickly follow her, smiling happily. "Let's go!"

You and Mrs. Miya walked into the house.

"Honey, I'm home!" She calls out to her husband.

A grown man comes into the room, the twins following behind him. "Welcome home, dear."

"Mom!" The twins shout in unison before running to their mother.

Once hugging his mom, Osamu notices you standing behind her. "Y/n!" He quickly let go of his mom and ran to hug you.

"Hey, Osamu!" You hug him back.

"What are you doing here?"

Mrs. Miya responds for you. "She lives here now. I went to the orphanage she lived in and adopted her. She'll be living with us from now on."

Osamu gasped. "Y/n lives with us now?!"

You nod. "Yep. I live here with you now."

"This is the best day ever!" He tightened the hug.

You giggled. "It is."

Mr. Miya chuckles at the sight, having not seen Osamu behave this way before. "Alright, let's let Y/n get all her stuff into her new room."

Osamu beamed. "She can stay in my room!"

Mrs. Miya shook her head. "No, she's getting her own room. You and Atsumu share a room."

Atsumu huffed. "Why does she get her own room?"

"Well, she's a girl. She can't always share a room with boys as she grows up."

Mr. Miya walked over to you while his wife was trying to explain things to the twins. "Let me help you with your things. Ever since my wife told me she planned to bring you home, I've been helping her prepare your room."

"Thank you."

"It looks like you don't have much." Mr. Miya pointed out after helping you unpack your things.

You look at everything, a sad look on your face. "That's normal with the orphanage. We don't really get anything. They tell us only parents will give children things."

The father sighs, looking at the saddest expression he's ever seen. "That's not a way to live. You're much better not living in an orphanage."

You look up at him, giving a small smile. "That's why I'm so happy you and your wife have given me a real home."