A Growing Crush

Osamu has known you for roughly 7 years. And throughout those years, he's grown to care for you. You were his favorite person.

And now, since he's in middle school, he's realized something about himself. He doesn't like you as a friend. He doesn't like you as family either.

He's started seeing you in a romantic sense.

He thought nothing of it at first. But after a while, he couldn't ignore the way his heart beat so hard against his ribs. He couldn't forget the way he felt nervous, yet happy whenever he saw your smiling face.

Osamu knew he formed a crush on you at some point.

When, he doesn't know. All he knows is that he has these feelings for you. And they grow stronger every day.

"Hey, Samu."

The boy looks over at his twin. "What is it, Tsumu?"

"What's been going on with ya lately?"

"Whatcha mean?"

Atsumu narrowed his eyes at his twin. "Ya been weird lately, especially around... her."

"Her?"

"That girl you've been friends with since we were kids. Ya know, the one that lives with us."

"Ya mean Y/n?"

A frown made its way onto Atsumu's face. "I don't wanna say or hear that name."

"Why not?"

"So many guys on the team keep talking about her, even the senpai. They all think she's so pretty and wanna try dating her."

Osamu felt a pang in his chest, unhappiness building from that statement. "That so?"

"I don't see what's so good about her. What about her makes anyone like her? She's a nobody without a family."

Osamu held a deep frown on his face, almost glaring at his twin. "She's a great person. Don't ya dare say one more nasty thing about Y/n."

Atsumu groaned. "Don't tell me ya like her too."

Osamu hesitated, becoming more and more flustered with how much he started thinking about you, and how he feels about you. "And if I do?"

Atsumu huffed. "Figures. Of course you'd like her. I just don't get what's so good about her."

"She's a great person."

The rude twin snorted. "She's lame. And I want nothing to do with her."

Osamu narrowed his eyes, a glare evident on his face. "She's amazing. Yer just too stupid to see it."

"Maybe yer just blinded by yer feelings, stupid Samu." The hot-headed twin stormed off, not wanting to be around his lovesick brother any longer.

Osamu huffed. He wished Atsumu would've become nicer to you by now, but knew that his twin wouldn't change any time soon.

"Hey, Samu."

Osamu turned to look at you, his cheeks heating up and turning a light shade of pink. "Yeah, Y/n?"

"Do you need any help with your homework tonight? Your mom asked me to make sure you're doing ok in school."

He felt his heart skip a beat. "Uh... yeah, sure. But can that wait till after I get home from practice?"

"Of course. Just come to my room tonight when you're ready to do your homework."

Osamu felt his heart start beating faster. "Will do."

You smile at him. "Have fun at practice. And be careful. I'll see ya at home."

"See ya."

You smile bigger and wave to him before turning around, walking away from the boy.

Osamu let out a breath he hadn't known he was holding. "How am I gonna handle being alone with her to study?"

He sighed, making sure he had all his things. He walked to practice, knowing you would be the only thing on his mind the entire time.

How would he handle hearing his teammates talk about you.