Studying Alone Together

Osamu finished his dinner and walked to your room, knocking on your door.

"Come in."

He opened the door and stepped into your room, seeing your back to him. "What happened?"

You turned to him, wiping your tears away. "It's nothing."

"It's not nothing if yer crying." He walks over to you, carefully reaching out his hand to help you wipe your tears away.

"It's really...."

"What did Atsumu say?"

You sighed, knowing you had to tell him or he wouldn't stop asking. "He told me he was angry that all the guys on your team were talking about me. He wanted me to stay out of his life."

"That's not all, is it?"

You felt more tears build up in your eyes. "He grabbed me by the collar of my shirt, told me to die, and threw me to the ground."

Osamu's eyes widened. "He went too far this time." He turned, preparing to leave.

You grab the back of his shirt, panicked. "Please don't say anything. He'll just make it worse for me."

Osamu turned to you, worry in his eyes. "But-"

"Please." You pleaded.

He sighed, turning back to hug you. "Alright. I won't say or do anything."

"Thank you." You hugged the boy back, a small smile spreading on your lips.

He gave a slight squeeze before letting go, a smile on his face. "Let's get to studying, then."

You smile wider, letting go of him and grabbing your own homework. "Yeah. So, how do you wanna do this?"

"Lemme try doing it on my own and you check over it, then give me feedback."

You nod, starting on your own homework. "Do your best."

He gave you a bright smile. "Thanks, Y/n."

You looked over the papers, eyes scanning everything the boy had done for his homework. "Looks pretty good. Maybe recheck formulas for math, but other than that, I think you did well. Barely any mistakes, you might also want to scan through the history textbook. I'm not sure how you got some of these answers, they don't look correct."

He takes back his papers, eyes searching for your pencil marks to show which questions he needs to go over again. "Ok, will do. Thanks, Y/n." He gathers his things and stands up, preparing to leave your room.

You stop him. "Wait, let's talk while you're here."

He swallowed the saliva that built up in his mouth, his nerves growing. "What about?" He slowly turns to face you.

"I'm worried about you." You held a sincere look on your face.

"Why?"

"You seemed a bit quieter earlier. You were acting a little different. Is something bothering you?"

"It's... nothing." Osamu looks away, not daring to make eye contact. His heart was beating rapidly.

You frown. "Don't pull that with me. It didn't work when I tried that, it's not gonna work when you use it. Come here, sit down, and tell me what's wrong." You tap the spot on your bed beside you.

Osamu sighs, walking over and sitting beside you. "It's just... something I learned today."

"And what would that be?"

"Atsumu told me earlier that all the guys on the team wanna date ya, and I felt a little upset hearing that."

"And why is that?"

Osamu briefly met your gaze, turning away as he felt his cheeks heat up. "Well, Atsumu was also talking bad about ya. And... I'm worried that if ya got into a relationship, you'd stop hanging with me, and we'd stop being friends."

You sigh, chuckling lightly. "Don't worry about that. I promise I'm not gonna get into a relationship any time soon, I'm not interested at the moment. And even if I did get myself into a relationship, I'd never let that affect our friendship. You're my best friend, and there's no one in the whole world that can change that or make me care for you any less. I love spending time with you. Heck, we even live together. We get to see each other every day, and it's great."

He makes eye contact with you again and smiles, his cheeks still a light pink. "Thanks, Y/n. I'm glad ya would never leave me."

You hug the boy, squeezing lightly. "Of course. Wanna stay here tonight and cuddle?"

Osamu felt his heart thump harder in his chest, fearing you might feel or hear it. "R-really? Ya think that's a good idea?"

You give a big smile. "Of course! It's been a while since we last cuddled. Let's cuddle tonight! There's no problem with that, right?"

Osamu wasn't about to confess his feelings right then and there. "N-no. No problems... none at all."

Your eyes sparkled, your smile slightly bigger. "Then let's get ready for bed, Samu!"

And so, the boy in love stayed in the same bed as the girl he loves all night. Osamu barely slept that night. His heart was too active for him to be able to fall asleep.