Together Again

You almost couldn't believe your eyes. Osamu was standing right there. A smile spread across your face.

You run up to the boy, capturing him in a hug once you reach him. "Samu!"

His eyes went wide, startled at first. Then he saw it was you. "Y/n!" And he hugged back.

Tears slowly appeared and spilled from your eyes. "I missed you so much!"

"I bet I missed you more."

You squeezed the boy in your arms. "It's been too long. How have you been?"

"Ita been lonely without you, but now it's better since you're here." He buried his face into your hair.

"Yeah, it was hard to make friends. I wished I could've had you with me the whole time."

Osamu looks into your eyes. "I've thought about you nonstop since you left."

"I've thought about you a lot as well."

Atsumu watched the encounter, eyes focused on you and his brother. He waited for a few moments before turning and walking away. He decided to let you two be, going back to rejoin his teammates.

Osamu squeezed you slightly. "I'm so happy I can see you again."

You smile at him. "I'm happy to see you too. But... why aren't you with your team?"

He shrugged. "I walked off. We don't need to be together at the moment. And I was just too excited that you were also here. I was hoping to be able to see you before doing anything else."

"You really wanted to see me?"

He nods. "Of course. I've been looking forward to the day I could see ya again since ya left Hyogo."

You lean against the boy. "I'm sorry for leaving like that."

"I get why ya did. And I'm not upset with you over it. If anything, Atsumu was the one who made me mad."

"Speaking of Atsumu, he's actually the one that showed me where you are. I ran into him, and he brought me here to you."

"Really?"

You nod. "Yeah. I don't know where he went, though. He was behind me when I saw you."

Osamu looked away briefly, seeing if his twin was still around. "Probably went back to the team. It's not important."

You raise a brow at him. "Even though he's your twin?"

"That doesn't matter. What's important to me right now is that you're here. Let's hang out for a bit."

You smile brightly at him. "Sure. I've got time. The team will probably text me when I'm needed."

"Same here." He starts letting go, grabbing your hand as he prepares to walk elsewhere.

"So where we going?"

With your hand in his, he leads you off in a different direction. "Just gonna walk around the area. Can't go too far in case we're needed."

"Ok. Lead the way, Samu."

He smiles, gripping your hand tighter. "Have ya ever been here before?"

"With the team, yeah. I'm guessing you've also been here with your team?"

"Yeah. It was only once before, but this place is pretty easy to navigate. Ya said ya made friends?"

You do your best to keep up with his strides. "Yes. The first friend I made at Itachiyama was one of the guys on the team, Sakusa."

Osamu's eyes widened. "Sakusa? Really?"

"Yep! Neither of us are really good around people, and we just kinda became friends. Why?"

"He's the biggest problem for us. Since he's in the top 3 spikers, he's a serious challenge for our team. We felt lucky we haven't had to face him yet. We hope we won't have to play against him. I heard Itachiyama is only improving as time goes on, it's kinda scary."

"I've only watched them from the sidelines, so I don't know what it'll be like to face them. But I hope we don't have to be on opposite sides. I wanna root for you, but I don't wanna have to feel like I'm betraying the team if I do."

Osamu looks at you from the corner of his eye. "Don't worry about that. Just be there when I beat em."

You giggle. "You think you're that good?"

"I know I could beat em. Ya haven't seen Atsumu and I play yet. You'll be pretty impressed when ya do."

"I'll take your word for it. I can't wait to watch you."