Two Nervous Wrecks

You and Osamu both had a rough night. Neither of you got much sleep, both worrying about your feelings for the other.

You two walk into the stadium with your teams at the same time, running right into each other.

You and Osamu make eye contact briefly before you both feel unable to look into the other's eyes.

Both teams sensed something going on.

And Atsumu figured it out. "Hey, Y/n. Samu passed me yer message last night. It was no problem helping ya find Samu yesterday. I thought ya both would wanna see each other after being apart fer over a year."

You look up at the twin and nod. "You were right. Thanks again, Atsumu."

He walked up to you and put his hand on your shoulder. "No problem. Just make sure not to waste the time we all allow you two to have together. Make the most of the moments before we go back to Hyogo."

You were taken aback by the sudden words. "O-of course."

Osamu looked at you, seeing a slight pink tint to your cheeks. "Hey, Y/n... wanna hang out fer a bit tonight, after all the matches?"

You nod, finally looking at the boy again. "Yeah, I'd like to spend some more time with you."

"That can wait till later, you two. There are matches to be played today. Wait patiently till they end, then you can reunite." Iizuna spoke, attempting to get your attention diverted from the opposing team's player.

You nod, turning to face your team. "Iizuna's right. Let's get going."

Along with the boys from the Itachiyama team, you walk away from the Inarizaki boys.

Osamu watched as you walked away, longing eating at him. He wished you could've stayed by him a little longer, disliking the fact that you no longer live in the same prefecture as him. He hoped you'd come back to live with him, going to the same school so he can see you all the time.

But at the same time, he was a mess. He was too nervous to continue a conversation with you. He worried about what would happen when he confesses to having feelings for you.

Atsumu saw how his brother was watching as you walked away. "Come on, Samu. Let's get going. We have to get ready for the match we have in a bit. Focus on volleyball first. After our match, you can think about how much ya love Y/n all ya want."

Osamu flinched at his twin's words. "Don't put it like that! I'm just...."

"Worried about whether or not she likes ya back?"

Osamu nods. "I don't want to risk ruining what we already have. I have no clue as to how she feels about me."

Atsumu sighed. "I think you'll be fine. I have a feeling the two of ya are more alike than either of ya realizes. Now, let's get going. The team already walked off, and they're not gonna keep waiting fer us if we take our time."

Osamu nodded, turning to face his twin. "Let's go. I'm ready to beat all of our opponents." He held a determined look on his face.

The blond twin smiled. "That's more like it. I bet Y/n will be watching from the crowd and fall in love with how awesome ya are."

Osamu blushed. "Shut yer trap!"

You sigh, smiling as you watch the Inarizaki match. The Itachiyama boys already won their match for the day, so you were given free time. And you decided to use that time by watching Osamu play volleyball with his own team.

You stared in silent amazement at how well he actually played. You were impressed, having not known what he was like on the court prior to finally watching this match. You cheered for him, starting off quiet and increasing your volume as the match carried on.

Atsumu noticed you from the corner of his eye and smirked, gaining the attention of his twin. "Hey, Samu! Looks like ya got a fan girl."

Osamu looks at his twin, visibly confused. "What?"

Atsumu points in your direction. "She's watching ya play right now. And I saw her cheering ya on, I think I heard her a little bit, too."

Osamu's face darkened with a deep red blush. "She... she's really watching?"

Atsumu nods. "Just look."

And that's when Osamu looked at you, making eye contact from afar. A smile started spreading on his face as he met your gaze. And that was the very moment that Osamu put more effort into a match than he ever has in his entire life.

All because you were watching him.

You were estatic when you saw the Inarizaki team win their match. You ran from your place and looked for where the team should be exiting the arena.

Once your eyes landed on Osamu, you ran over and hugged. "That was awesome, Samu! You were so cool out there! Congrats on winning the match!"

A deep blush spread across his face. "Thanks. I think I did so well cuz I had ya there cheering me on."

You let go of him and stood awkwardly away from him, unable to control your nerves. "I never knew you were such a great player. I think I turned into a fan girl while watching you."

"I saw how ya cheered me on. I think it was cute."

It was your turn to blush. "C-cute?"

"Um... yeah. Uh... I gotta go back to our hotel and shower, but maybe we can meet later?"

You look up at him, feeling shy. "Sure. There's a nice park nearby. Just text me when you're on your way there, I can meet you."

"Sounds like a plan." He smiles at you before walking off with the rest of his team.