Chapter 16: I have too

Chapter 16:

Niall's POV

"Of course." The nurse said giving me a humbling smile before she turned around and walked down the hall.

I turned around and went back into Cameron's room. Zayn was sitting down in the chair on his phone.

"Where's Tiff?"

"She's doing her daily walk. She wanted some alone time."

"Oooh." I said dragging it out.

"Yeah... what'd the nurse say about Cam?"

"Uh...that she's....uhm," I tried to push back the tears, "I'm sorry," I said letting the tears fall, "the nurse said she had 4% brain lost. She might not remember little things."

"What? Niall, I'm so sorry." He said giving me a hug.

"Than-" I began saying before I was cut off.

"Oh my baby!" I turned around and there was Cam's mom standing over her bed; she had her hand coving her mouth with utter shock, "h-how?" She said looking over to me.

"She and Tiffany got into a wreck, that's really all we know, we haven't asked Tiff yet..." I said walking over and sitting next to her.

"Thanks Niall." Cameron's mom said wiping her tears away.

"For what?"

"For being here, with her. You were here before I was. All this time, it means a lot that you would do that."

"Of course, even though I haven't know her for a long time she means the world to me. I asked her to be my girlfriend last night."

"You did?" Her mom said looking up with a faint smile, "so are you guys dating now?"

"Yes, I believe so." I said smiling and looking at Cam, "she's an incredible girl did you know that?"

"Yes, yes she is. Thanks Niall, I know you mean a lot to her."

Cameron's POV

I could hear a familiar voice by my bed. Its my mom's. And she's talking to someone. Niall, yes it's Niall. But my mom, She's crying. Crying.... I thought to myself. I haven't been able to cry like I've wanted. I remembered the last time I could hear around me; I couldn't move anything. I've got to. I've got to wake up. I have to.

I tried to build up all the energy in me. Come on, you have this Cameron. Don't let this defeat you; you have this! I felt the build up of energy going through me. I am going to do this! I tired to lift my finger. Still nothing. Why? WHY CAN'T I DO THIS? I was now mentally screaming to myself.

I felt a slight tear trickle down my check. I know I wasn't dreaming because I heard Niall and my mom gasp.

"Nurse! Come quick!" Mother said. I could hear the hopefulness in her voice.

"What is it?" The nurse said.

"A tear, she's got a tear on her cheek!"

"Well... looks like someone will be up soon." The nurse moved to the side of my bed lifting my hand taking my pulse.

Now, now I can do it. You have to Cameron Marie Jones, you have too!

I felt it again, the build up of energy.

I tried with everything I had and my eyes slowly opened.

I saw a baffled nurse, my teary eyed mom starring back at me, and my gorgeous Niall. Life would be back to normal again.... I finally felt something inside me for the first time during all if this- hope.