16.

"König?"

He still kept quiet, he clenched his fists and avoided my eyes. Ghost was staring holes into the man making me become more curious then worried.

"Ghost?"

His attention turned back to me and his eyes softened slightly, he breathed out a sigh and began talking.

"The truth is, we wanted to tell you that-"

"Y/n. I will be leaving tomorrow."

Ghost turned his head back at König, his knuckles turned white as he tightened his fists. I looked at them shocked. I knew this time would come, but I just left the hospital. I hoped I could spend a bit more time with him.

"Is KorTac done with business here?"

He nodded his head, his voice full of disappointment. He was trying to cheer me up but it looked like he himself needed it much more.

"We were only supposed to get you and come back, but some way we ended up staying longer then necessary."

Ghost stayed quiet, listening in on our conversation. He probably knew all about this already.

"So. . . I won't be seeing you again?"

"Ja- Wait- Was? Nein!" - (What? No!)

König suddenly changed his demeanor entirely, from sad to shocked and panicked.

"Mein Liebling, I am not leaving completely! Just going back to the main base!" - (My love)

He quickly made his way over to me, grabbing my hand, that's when Ghost started to get closer as well.

"We are simply going back to the other station. I am not leaving you, Mein Maus." - (My mouse)

It made my heart flutter, I couldn't explain why. Perhaps because it was the first time he said he wouldn't leave me. The butterflies in my stomach were long gone, they have now spread through my body.

"So I will see you again?"

"Yes!"

I took my hand out of his and wrapped my arms around him. I hugged him tightly, as if I let go he would disappear right this instant.

"Don't scare me like that."

He hugged me back and we both stood like that for a while. The few seconds felt like an eternity, one that was still too short. Ghost cleared his throat, reminding us that he was still there, making us break the warm embrace.

"Sorry."

"Don't be sorry, Kleine Maus. I should be for scaring you." - (Little mouse)

Königs hand still lingered on mine, holding it by my fingers.

"We should get going, you still need to rest."

Ghost seemed to be a little annoyed at our sudden show of affection. It killed me to think that he could be jealous, but it also made me wonder. What kind of relationship am I expecting from them? And more importantly. What kind of relationship are they expecting?

At this moment I couldn't care less, so I reached my arms towards him.

"If you wanted a hug you could just say."

He looked at me, eyeing me for a moment and then quickly glancing at König.

"I didn't. We should go, you are free but me and the Colonel have work to do."

Damn, take the stick out of your ass! I looked over at the bigger man, he let go of my hand entirely and looked away.

What is wrong with both of them?