31.

NOTE: I would be grateful if you guys told me what chapter length you prefer. The ones I have been making until now or the longer ones like today.

I know that sometimes the chapters can feel way too long and get boring, I don't want to make the story hard to read just because of the length.

---

WARNING: Mentions of blood

Price relayed all the information that we needed, after that he started assigning our roles. Not like we didn't know who would take on what role, Ghost was leading the whole thing with Soap by his side. Gaz was going to take care of cameras and locked doors, which made me feel a little unneeded.

I was of course their watcher, the person who made sure that they wouldn't get stabbed in the back. How ironic.

"Someone will be joining you on the spot, they will make sure that you can get out safely."

Great another team member to care for.

After placing a new scope on my favourite sniper, I made sure I had my gear on securely. Everyone were getting ready to leave, the mission wasn't going to be an easy one and we needed to make sure that everyone were prepared for everything.

I stayed quiet the entire ride, I was once again squished but this time It was against a wall and Ghost.

Once he noticed I got in first he quickly made his way to take the seat next to me, It's like he didn't want anyone else near me...

My work personality started slowly taking over, letting me tune out from anything that was currently unimportant. Except from König. I started feeling anxious. Now I had something I cared for, someone I wanted to come back to. I started getting worried for both myself and him. I tried to get rid of those thoughts, but it seemed like they would be stuck in the back of my head regardless.

The car came to a stop and we got out of it, I fixed my weapon as we got closer to another vehicle. I could see someone clearly waiting for us, the person who we were supposed to work with.

From afar I could tell the man was of a rather big stature and I groaned softly, being reminded again of the person that took root in my mind.

We came to a halt before the other car, the man turned towards us, that's when I realized who was standing before us and I thought I was going to throw myself on him. Ghost blocked me before I could take another step.

"Stay in position."

Maybe I should have dug his eyes out with my nails last time I had the chance. His futile tries didn't matter much as König was soon standing next to us. He was eyeing Ghost like a predator, weirdly the shorter man didn't fall back. Did he think there was still a chance for him?

"Colonel."

"Lieutenant."

I ignored the weird tension between the two, Soap and Gaz soon greeted König and I crossed my arms starting to question him.

"You, why are you here? And why didn't you tell me?"

"It was a last minute call, Schatz. I only found out after you left."

Either way if König was here, I had no need to worry. Everything would go well. The anxious feeling that has been bubbling in my chest has suddenly disappeared, leaving me more relaxed then I have been the day before.

I moved Ghost's hand away and stepped closer to the sweet Austrian man. I didn't care that the task force was here, I didn't want to hide my feelings. However I wasn't going to flaunt them in front of everyone until I knew that König is comfortable with me doing so.