29.

We made our way back to the living quarters, upon entering the main room we were greeted by Soap and Price who were sitting at the table. I immediately noticed 3 glasses stationed on it, meaning that Ghost either just left or was coming soon. And even though I said I wasn't going to be so rough on them, I don't think I can face Ghost again and not get mad. So I turned towards Gaz and tried my best to get out of there quickly.

"I will be in my room then-"

"Why not join us?"

Price stopped me when I was already halfway to the door. I looked at Soap but he didn't seem to mind my presence, he smiled at me making it look like an invitation. Gaz was already moving one of the chairs, sitting down with the both of them. My brain told me to leave, the emotions still raging in the back of my head even after the intense work out.

"You seem to be doing great on your own, I wouldn't want to disrupt that."

"You are not disrupting us at all, come on. Sit down."

"Thanks but it's late I-"

I turned around as the door opened and there he stood in all his damned glory. Ghost.

"She can't hold her liquor, better if she goes now."

Oh you damned brat. I changed my mind, I will stay, just to piss him off.

"She was doing just fine last time?"

Soap reminded me of the night that caused Thera to go after me, I crossed my arms and stood my ground. I will give them a chance. But a chance is all they are gonna get.

"Maybe if you weren't such a stuck up, you would know that."

"Maybe if you listened to your superiors and weren't so pesky I wouldn't have to be so strict."

"I thought you two got along with each other?"

Fuck, I was still mad.

"I stopped getting along with all of you as soon as you used me like a piece of meet."

I snapped at Price. He didn't seem to mind, just started pouring himself another glass of Burbon. I looked back at Ghost, finally wanting to get it all out.

"And for your knowledge, I AM your superior, and perhaps you should address me as such."

Everyone in the room stopped, except Price, he continued drinking the alcohol, not letting our banter affect his moment of tranquil. The whole 141 group looked at him for answers. I felt like I have been seeing them surprised more often.

"Captain?"

Ghost asked him instead of me, which only infuriated me more. The older man placed his glass back on the table with a click.

"Ghost. Viper. Why don't you two sit down?"

Ignoring the man beside me, I joined the three at the table. Not long after I did, Simon was already sitting down beside me.

"So?"

Price looked at me with a smile.

"Viper, why don't you introduce yourself?"

I raised my eyebrow, and let confusion seep through my expression. What is this elementary school? It looked like I wasn't the only one confused by his suggestion, either way they all seemed interested on what I would say or do. Even Ghost.

His eyes studied me like some kind of wild animal, darting from one spot to another. Trying to catch what kind of lie or nonsens I would spout out of my mouth. I didn't let it bother me, instead I leaned back in my chair eyeing the alcohol that sat in the middle of the table.