36.

--- 1 day after the incident ---

The car was quiet as he drove, the roads empty in this time of night. His mask was gone from his face as the car sped through the highway, the yellow lights illuminating his scarred face and making his blond hair look as if it was shining gold. The tired eyes were stuck on the road, not glancing away even for a moment as if that one second could cost him more then life.

The man had changed his mind. The nightmares of that Christmas day still haunted his dreams, It weight on his conscience and never let a single easy breath pass through his lungs.

He would never let the fate repeat itself. Ghost couldn't understand why had it only came to him after he had allowed you to go home all alone. He finished cleaning the graves of his family quicker then any other time, the weather at his hometown wasn't very merciful. The snow was blowing into his eyes and he wondered if there was any point in cleaning them at all. It was as if they were trying to send him away.

He had gotten a hang of your address and was now on his marry way to the place he thought you called home. He didn't know what he would find there but that question only pushed him further into paranoia. One he had no idea has filled your mind as well. Only the darkest of scenarios coming to mind.

For the first time he wished that the other man would have his eye on you, and cursed himself because that wasn't currently the case.

You were strong. Yes. But the feeling in his gut was stronger and so were his fears.

König had only given him a chance. Even if your feelings were the most important factor the man would oppose if he deemed Ghost unreliable or dangerous. He didn't really care for Königs opinion that much but having to be on bad terms with him when you have already opened your heart to both of them. Ghost knew it would be painful beyond what he thought possible and he wasn't risking losing you again.

The fact you obviously held more affection towards the giant man made him believe, that he would certainly regret it if he didn't appear beside you right this instant.

Perhaps his own paranoia filled the jealousy and worry that made him imagine the disgusting look you were able to give him.

He didn't want you to look at him that way.

He already broke down in front of you twice. Once from the pure terror of his nightmares. Your drunk form made him hope you wouldn't remember his cries, he couldn't help himself. Not when your arms looked so inviting and warm.

The second time was because of the damned blood loss. He would never admit it but he wasn't fully there when he fell to his knees before you. It was too embarrassing but he felt relief when he woke up in bed next to you.

He finally blinked. The image of your body cuddling up to him appeared in his mind, as you were trying to hold onto the only thing that kept you warm through the night.

The smell of your shampoo still fresh in the memory, causing him to press his foot further down the gas pedal.

He was going to see you. He would make sure to stay by your side from that point on. Even if it was just the past that drove him to worry for the uncertain future.

--- Current time ---

A sharp pain shot through from my head and down my body, my eyes shut right back as the light in the room irritated me even more.

I groaned as my headache only got worse, I tried to rub my eyes but was stopped by something. My hands were tied behind my back, making me wince as the rope burned into my flesh, leaving red bloody marks on my wrists.

The cold made me shiver, as it left my skin dry and more easily damaged.

I slowly got used to the brightness, my mind flashed with images of that dark room, reminding me how the needles dug into my skin. The people laughing all around me.