30.

Sweat ran down my body as I hugged the covers close to me. The nightmares haven't hunted me in a while, but as soon as I left KorTac's base they came back stronger then before. Their meaning too deep for me to understand at first glance, everything that I have learned to despise and fear was being used against me.

I tried to forget about whatever happened in it, pushing the terrors to the back of my head, I got up and started getting ready for the day. Sun rays were peaking through my window, letting me know of the morning that was ahead of me.

A long sleeved compression shirt hugged my torso, squeezing all my muscles, making the ache of my sore body a bit more bearable. I made sure to wear leggings under my pants, the cold was slowly creeping into the buildings, the winter wasn't going to be as merciful this year.

Tomorrow we will be sent on the mission and I was already dreading laying down in the snow. My stomach demanded to be satisfied so I had to put everything else aside.

What will be for breakfast today? Hmm, I hope it's something better then stale bread with butter and some additives. I walked out of my room and saw Soap in the corridor. Was he pretending to be doing something?

"Y/n, good to see your face in the mornin'."

How did he always keep that happy attitude? Does this man ever get mad?

"Yours is better then the skull, I guess..."

I murmured out, not really in the mood to play his game. I walked past him without much care.

"I feel bad for the bastard who pissed you off."

It wasn't a question, we both knew who I was talking about. He followed me, I should probably get used to his constant presence.

"Going to get breakfast?"

"Yeah."

"Not much of a talker after you get up, huh? That's fine with me."

He kept quiet for the rest of the way, wich was some sort of bliss in the early morning. The day started off better then I expected and continued getting better as I saw what was served for breakfast.

"Do you get this treatment all the time?"

I asked amazed at how delicious did the pancakes and toasts looked, all with different fillings??stuffings?? I could feel my mouth water at the sight of chocolate, Soap's chuckle filled my ears.

"I told you it's better then fine in here."

I quickly made my way towards the trays, the feeling in my stomach only becoming stronger after seeing the delicious servings.

"Wow, Y/n slow down! What were they, starving you?"

I swallowed my food, making sure no chocolate was left on my teeth before I answered.

"Yes, actually."

He looked at me with a bit of sadness and pity in his eyes, but decided not to push the topic further. Not like I wanted his pity anyway.

"Touche."

I don't remember getting this good of a breakfast, not even in the hospitals. By the looks of other soldiers I could see this type of food wasn't served as often as Soap made it out to be. I got lucky.

"About today's training..."

I started cautiously.

"You will see."

He smiled at me and took another bite from his pancake. I quickly gave up and continued stuffing my mouth with the chocolate filled toast.

"I thought Gaz already gave you a hint?"